Monday, July 19, 2010

Magic House Children's Museum in St. Louis

While we were in St. Louis we went to the coolest children's museum ever! It is called the Magic House. I remember going there as a teenager with my mom and little sisters, so it brings back good memories. We went there with Jordan and Spencer the last time we went to St. Louis, but that was 4 years ago, and they added a new addition since then.

So thanks to my sweet cousin who had a punch card, we only had to pay for 2 of us. It was my sister and her kids, my kids, my niece from another sister and my cousin and her 2 kids. We missed the rest of the family, but it was still so fun. We stayed all day!!

There is so much to do at this place, so there are tons of pictures. I just couldn't narrow it down.

One of the first places we went was the water play area. There were lots of sprayers, flowing water, etc to play with .

There was an area with lots of things to crawl in and through with fun slides. We also had fun in the shadow room.
One thing the Magic House is famous for is the electromagnetic ball that makes your hair stand up on end. Here are someshots of my family when we tried it. Loved Spencer's hair !!

Spencer loved the orange cape and this hand chair. This area was about "super recyclers" etc. It was about recycling, reducing and reusing. Fun stuff.
Bubbles, bubbles and more huge bubbles!!

The new addition had a 3 story beanstalk that the kids could crawl up. Spencer did not like it at all. Jordan and Landon did about one floor and some of the cousins made it all the way up. My cousin's little boy got to the top and then realized where he was and got scared so he started crying. We had to talk him down-it was pretty funny.

Here's my niece Emiley in the beanstalk.
Here we are in the "recycling" area. It was all about being "green" There was a play thrift store, a garden area, recycling area, etc.

One section the kids loved tons was the construction area. We played out there for a while. It was a nice area, but it was partly outside so it was quite hot. The good thing was that there was some shade. But the kiddos had loads of fun.

Spencer playing dress up. Maybe he'll build me a big house someday.

and they loved the "mighty machine" as my boys called it.
So if you ever are driving through St. Louis, this place is a MUST!!!

Here are my kids with all but one of their cousins. Yeah, don't mind the gun on the wall-I didn't even realize it was there until after I took the picture. Oops.
Me and my favorite Aunt Sue and Uncle Randy. Aunt Sue is my mom's older sister. I love my Aunt Sue so much. As a kid we were always with them. I would stay over at her house on the weekends a lot. She has always been there for us and I love her tons!!
On our way out of town, we stopped in Illinois and visited my uncle Bill and two cousins Ashlee and Johnny. We had a nice visit and the kids loved playing with Johnny. My cute cousin Ashlee is quite a little photographer and we have been in touch a lot on facebook, and it has been many years since we've seen her so it was very fun to see her.

2 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Wendi, Looks like you're having a fun summer, and keeping your kids busy :) You're a great Mom!

Fowler family said...

What a cool museum- it reminds me of OMSI in Oregon.