Friday, April 29, 2011

Getting There

Finally. We are almost there. After weeks of work, we just have a few finishing touches to do. The paint is almost done-just some touch ups on the floorboards where the new carpet was put in, couple bathroom touch ups and the outside windows and front door.

I have had help from sisters in the ward. They are wonderful. I have the BEST visiting teacher EVER. Sherri Glad. She's been over to help 3 times in the last 2 days. She is really one of the most giving people I know. Then her boys came and did my yard. It will now be so much easier to make it look nice.

I just have to get the clutter put away and do a deep clean of the house. But now thanks to the help of the awesome sisters, and one coming today, it is so much easier. It is looking much better. Something that made a huge difference is the new carpet. It really made a HUGE difference. Just looks so nice. It makes me hope that we get a house with new carpet:) Although vacuuming is quite a thing-I have to empty the cup every 5 minutes.

So the Realtor came over last night. He only pointed out a couple thing, which we planned to do, just haven't yet; and a couple things we hadn't noticed. So that was good. He was impressed with the work we have done, and was very supportive. He asked if I was "surviving." Seem to know what it was like to have small children around when you're trying to sell. I asked about the toys being ok and he said that we had to have a balance since we still over, and that we couldn't take everything away. It was funny because he said "your kids can't just stand in a corner and do nothing." That made me feel better.

We signed the contract with him to sell the house for us. He is just waiting for us to say come and take pictures and the next day it will be listed. OH MY GOODNESS!!! It is really happening. We gave my cell phone number for the realtors to call to come see it. I guess I better figure out how to use my voice mail and get rid of the messages that are flooding it. And I'll have to keep my phone charged now, too!!

Right before Kelly left-our Realtor-he said that maybe we would like to put up a "coming soon" sign, and warned us about the first time we would see a "for sale " sign up. I'm tearing up just thinking about it. I really do love this townhouse and have wonderful memories here. Darin and I started our lives together here and brought our 3 beautiful babies home to this house. I will miss it. Especially when we look back at all the pictures I've taken here.

2 comments:

Ryann said...

Great job getting it done! i coulnd't even imagine only staying in one house. I actually enjoy the moving and getting new homes every few years.

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Even though we were so excited to move, there is a point, when you're walking out of your empty house for the last time, that makes you want to cry. Even though you choose to do something different, it doesn't mean it won't be a little sad. But just think of all the new memories, and great times you'll have, and all of the NEW pictures you'll take!!! :)