Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A sleep over in the basement.

On Friday night, Darin wasn't feeling so well and went up to lay down early. I was playing with the kids in the basement-in between cleaning up for the weekend-and realized I hadn't heard from him. I went up the the bedroom and found out he wasn't doing well. I decided to let the kids have a sleep over in the basement. The were thrilled!!! We got all their stuff ready and set the beds up:)

Spencer and Landon taking turns going down under the couch-they were calling it their "lair." Thank you Word Girl.
Spencer checking out the awesome bed mommy made for him!!


Landon getting all ready.
And my beautiful little girl. She actually posed for this picture-"let's do a photo shoot, mommy!"
All the kiddos ready to watch a movie.

Jordan cracks me up. Every time we have a sleep over, she moves into the basement. In addition to the sleep over requirements of sleeping bag, pillow, "blankkie" "dollie" and pillow pet, we also need the snuggie, American girl doll, bag of ponys and pet shops, additional stuffed animals and a huge princess pillow. Now we're ready to go to bed, phew.

the additional "needed" items:
She did remember her Book of Mormon, though:)

After the kids watched the movie a while, I had to make sure they were sleeping. Landon fell asleep during the movie, Jordan right after, but Spencer needed to be settled down. I went back down to check them before I went up to bed.

There's nothing more peaceful and beautiful than sleeping children. I really love looking at my kiddos when they're asleep. For a couple reason: they are so darn cute, and they are QUIET!!

Jordan has been sleeping with this doll, lovingly referred to as "dollie" since she was 1 year old-almost 7 years. Poor thing has seen better days, but she can't sleep without her!
Spencer is just like me-I always have my hands just like this at my face when I sleep. So sweet.
Ahhhh, this is the one I most enjoy to see sleeping-I think you all understand why:) He just looks so sweet and peaceful. Boy does he need the rest after all the craziness he does all day.

No comments: