Wednesday, June 29, 2011

People laugh when I tell people....

that Landon is like the kid in the movie Home Alone. It is true, I promise.

Let me explain.

The kids have been going to bed late since we have been out of town so I was determined to get them to bed earlier. I had a great plan. I made dinner earlier so they could watch their favorite cartoon. I had the boys in the bath by 6:15 and in pajamas by 6:40 or so. We brushed teeth and sat down to read books while Jordan had her bath.

After about 20 minutes of reading Frannie K. Stein, Landon rolled over in his bed and went to sleep!!! Yay!!

Then I had Spencer asleep by about 8:30 and Jordan by 9:00.

I did it!! Total success......or so I thought.

4:00am arrives. Landon crawls into our bed all awake and happy. Darin had enough of him not going to sleep and took him back to his bed. Then all of a sudden the hall light was on, then our light was on. We sent him back to his room. (The details are blurry...I forget, but this is the 'jist of it.)

Darin checked on him and came back to bed. I asked what he was doing and Darin said he was on his bed eating. Nice.

Then our light flips on again and I send him back to bed. I hear something in the kitchen so I go check. He was on the floor by the kitchen with a sippy cup, Hershey's chocolate syrup and 2 jugs of milk.

I ask him what he was doing and he said "making chocolate milk. " I thought about getting my camera, but just didn't have the energy. I then look in the sink and there is a favorite water bottle filled with suds, then I notice my hand mixer with the beaters in it!!! It was not there when I went to bed. The dish soap was on it's side.

I ask him what he was doing and he said "I tried to clean the cup."

What? He was going to use my hand mixer to clean a water bottle!!!

Prior to this he had gotten a big Costco size bag of veggie straws and had gotten the scissors and cut the top off-only after climbing up the shelves to reach it!!!

See-this is why I call him the "home alone kid." He can totally take care of himself. The only thing that does worry me is the microwave-I've caught him trying to put things in and turn it on. I think I could leave for an hour and he would be fine.

But, independence is good, right? At least I know he'll be able to take care of himself!

No comments: