Monday, March 5, 2012

Landon

Oh my Landon....you make life such fun.


This kid cracks me up.

Time to update the kiddos. Landon is a funny kid. He has a mind of his own and comes up with some funny ideas. Here are some things about him at this time in his life.

He could live in pajamas. When he knows he has school, he gets dressed, but if I tell him he doesn't have school, he stays in his pajamas. And I don't fight it. He's been to many public places in his pajamas, including the ones in the above picture. Minus the underwear of course:) He mostly gets smiles and giggles and comments like "do it while you can." Or " I wish I could get away with that."

Landon LOVES his daddy. He prefers him when he's sick, tired, mad, happy, just about any time he prefers his daddy. At times it is frustrating because he will say "I love daddy, I hate you." I try not to take it personal, but at times it does get to me. Darin says he doesn't really know what he is saying. One night at bedtime he did say "I really do love you, mommy" so I felt much better.

This child could be left home alone. I mean it. He gets what he wants to eat with no problem...most of the time. He can push the microwave buttons...which is actually not good since he puts way too many zeros. But he loves to help me in the kitchen-anytime I am going to make something, he wants to be my helper. He can crack open eggs-a bit messy, but he loves it. He likes to stir and pour things in.

Landon can be super exasperating, sometimes, and other times he is super fun to be with. We have started the "bob" books so he can learn to read. He likes it and tries hard. He gets frustrated when he is doing work like making projects, etc. He wants things to be perfect and gets so really upset if it is not the way he wants. I subbed in his preschool today and we were making robots. He drew eyes, but then he didn't like them and had a fit until we fixed it.

This little brother truly loves his big brother. He misses him when he is at school and if we are out running errands and I buy him a treat, he always wants to get one for Spencer. Well, for sissy as well. But he and Spencer play really well. He likes everything Spencer likes as well. Saturday mornings he and Spencer will get up and play really well until we get up.

Lanny is still a challenge in sacrament meeting and primary. He just has such hard time sitting still for that amount of time. He is getting better, but we still struggle. He does ok in primary as long as he is not sitting by anyone else who is loud. And the teacher really makes a big difference to him. If he likes the teacher, he will do well.

I just love this little boy-he sure is a stinker, but our family would not be the same without him!

No comments: