Friday, January 11, 2008

An official blogger!!

I have held off doing a blog, but cannot any longer. It just seems so fun when I look at all my friend's blogs, and a great way to keep in touch with some good friends who have and soon will be moving over seas. Darin told me I wasn't allowed to do one because I would obsess about it, but what he doesn't know won't hurt him:) He will probably learn about it someday, just not right now as he is upstairs watching Oceans 13. I have to figure all the functions of this thing out, then I can put pictures on regularly. Can't wait for that.

To make this more than just a practice posting, I will share something of substance. I have recently learned that I can be most ungrateful, lacking in faith and trust in my Savior. Last week I learned that one of my very dear long time friends lost her battle with cancer, leaving her husband and 3 small boys to go to the next life. Tawyna struggled with cancer off and on for nearly 4 year. During this time she never complained!! I was always so amazed when I read her e-mails. She always ended with something like "Heavenly Father is blessing us so much" or "everything is happening for a reason." I have really spent a lot of time reflecting on Tawyan's example and really want to be more like her. She really put her trust in Heavenly Father and accepted all he had to give her. She also suffered with severe scoliosis and a condition called neurofibramatosis. She was amazing and I hope to be more like her someday.

I would also like to make regular practice of sharing what I am grateful for each day. Today there are a few thing:
1. A neighbor who will come over with about 10 minutes notice to stay with the boys so I don't have to take them out when I take Jordan to school.
2. Jordan is in her special needs school as a model only and has full intellectual and physical capacities. That goes for Spencer and Landon as well.
3. I have my storage room half way cleaned out!! (Those close will have to come look when I am done. My goal is to organize my house from the basement up.....I am off to a good start.)
4. Darin who comes in an gives me a kiss each morning before he leaves for work.
5. Landon only woke up one time last night.!!

Well, I think that has been quite enough for one post. I will try to figure out how to do one pic before I end this post.

1 comment:

Fowler family said...

This is an awesome blog Wendi! And you've already gotten so many posts in! I am so impressed- what an great start! I am in a lull right now and haven't updated in awhile. I'll get to it one of these days.

Love the picture of you guys in that big chair. Looks like a fun musuem. -Anna.