Sunday, June 15, 2008

9 hours, 1 mini-van, 1 mom, 3 children.....

And I survived!!!

Darin and I drove together to Boston last week, but he flew home on Tuesday. I stayed and played around with friends and came home on Saturday. I actuall went from Boston to Hartford CT on Friday to see a long time friend and left from there Saturday morning at exactly 10:40. I pulled into our driveway at exactly 7:50. Here's a synopsis:

*Gas is $4.49 in Connecticut!!! I didn't want to run out in NY, so I only put $15.00 in because it is really cheap in New Jersey. I still paid $60.00 to fill up in NJ later......
*Horribly long, long, long traffic in New York. Luckily the DVD player was working-it gave us problems on the way up. Landon had a nice nap through all the traffic, but Spencer had periodic moments where he wanted his daddy.
*I took all three kids into one of the huge rest stops off the New Jersey Turnpike and only had one instance of my heart jumping when Jordan was casually looking at pink sunglasses when I was ordering food. Thanks to a double stroller the boys were strapped in.
* I had a nice thunder storm close to home-in Aberdeen MD. Almost felt like I needed to pull over, but we made it.
* I got over a little bit of road rage when the line for the Baltimore tunnel was miles long and when I was finally close a guy drove all the way to the front and wanted in. I really wanted to yell at him out my window, but reconsidered and let him in.....if you do it grudgingly is it still charitable?
*LOTS of prayers that I could stay awake and not crash the car......prayer is great!!

It was raining when we got home and all Jordan wanted when we pulled up was for me to go in and get her umbrella....where are her priorities?

So it wasn't as bad as I was gearing up for. The DVD player helped and sleeping children were great too-also having swedish fish, twizzlers and peanut M&Ms at arms lenth was a helpful thing. Don't tell my WW leader!! At one time all the kiddies slept and I actually listened to the radio.....so now we are home and have to get back on schedule!!

1 comment:

Ryann said...

Glad to know that you are back. Now we can get our swim on!