Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Jordan's Favorite Person

Each time I have had a baby, I have heard the same thing from Darin for about a year...."she/he doesn't want me. " "He/She doesn't like me." It is a great feeling to know that your child needs you and wants you over anyone else in the world. It is fun when you know just what to do and are able to calm your child in a few minutes. I think it is a blessing and gift we have as mothers.

I do have to confess that these moments of only wanting mommy come at some hard times....cooking dinner, cleaning a mess, caring for another child...etc. This is where daddy can be soooo helpful. Luckily, there is a magical changes that happens sometime after each child was become 12 and 18 months.....daddy becomes a best friend!! I think it happens when they understand what "no" means. I am the one saying it all day....so Daddy is a welcome treat. Spencer has now joined in with Jordan and any time I do not make him happy I hear "I want my daddy" It is pretty cute. The children in the Maney home love their daddy. Each day when he comes in the door, which not to rub it in to many of you, is around 4:30, the kids all run to the door. We often play the "who gets the first kiss" game.

The winner is usually Jordan. She thinks her daddy is the best person around. There are many times a day when she would prefer him to be home!! He is the one who takes her to the movies and buys her new DVD's. When Spencer was born, her daddy was in charge of lots more of her care and needs, and since then, they have been true buddies. She always sits by him in restaurants, hangs out near him when we are on outings, and loves to snuggle next to him on the couch.
I will never forget the first time Darin held Jordan when she was born...He was so happy to have her-his little girl. It has taken a little time- but these two have developed the relationship that I knew was inevitable....they are truly daddy and daughter, and I am so lucky to have them both!!!

3 comments:

Karalee said...

Cute post! Aren't daddy's little girls the best? They look like best buds!
Glad you survived you mini-van drive home. You are one brave woman! You totally deserve an award for traveling mom of the year!

rachael said...

I think you are so right!! I can remember when Shawn became Caleb's best friend and now that Shawn is gone so often, Caleb asks about him all day and likes to tell everyone he comes in contact with that his daddy is on the boat. When Shawn does come home, I no longer exist. I think having a husband who has such a great relationship with his kids makes a marriage the best.

And I love how the boys' outfits match in the pictures. I'm having a hard time doing that with my boys because they are so far apart in sizes...but I love when it does happen!!!

Aly said...

Daddy's are the best. And yes, I am jealous that yours is home at 4:30 everyday. We are having a good summer with Casey being home before 9:00 each night, but soon we will start back to school. :( Kaitlyn and Taylor are both big daddy's girls, and it is a welcome break! Excited to see you all next month!!