Sunday, June 1, 2008

I'd like it just on my shoulders.....

I have I have had some bad hair cuts in the 5 years I have lived here-which is sad because I had the best hairdresser in Utah who gave me a great cut every time.. Mostly because I am cheap and go to the Haircuttery where it is seldom a person who is a native english speaker....one time I went back twice to have the lady fix the back-I have a huge cowlick right in the back that presents huge problems when it is dry.

Anyhow, the title is what I told gal when I decided to get a hair cut last week. It has been over a week now, I think I like it. So, as usual the gal asked me what I wanted. I told her it is really thick and I mostly wanted it thinned out and to rest on my shoulders-it was a little below my shoulders for those who haven't seen me recently. We began chatting, and she kept cutting, and cutting, and cutting.

So.....here is the end product. As usual, I can't manage to put the pictures on in the order I want, so you get the back view first. The good thing is that these are all my natural curls. Front view-sorry bad lighting, but you get the idea.

I have been through the "I love it" stage right after, to the "I hate it" a few days later to now "I will manage...it will grow back....well, I do like it now that I am used to it" stage. At least I can just barely pull it back into a tiny ponytail when I get really hot and sweaty-have to love the DC humidity!!

10 comments:

flem-fam said...

I love it! You are a hot mama!

Lynette said...

I think it looks great!!! I understand wanting to be able to pull it back in a ponytail though! You look great!!!

AceMott6 said...

Ha...I'm only laughing because the same thing just happened to me in April just before I went out west to visit my family. Same emotions...oh...okay...I like it, to what the heck..to managable..to I like it! Ya...now it's getting too long to do anything with. Anyway...would love to see you when you guys come up this way! Give me a call...let me know if you need our #

Ferndale said...

It does look great Wendi! And congratulations on getting Jordan in to Rose Hill.

Karalee said...

Totally cute!! I wish I had your natural curl!

Lea said...

Your hair is darling! I love it!

Chanda said...

I'm so jealous of your curls!

AW said...

I'm in with everyone else, your hair looks great! Hey, how do you get your pics on your blog so they're tiled... you know when you have one square picture with a bunch of little square pictures w/n it? Let me know when you get a chance arwaite@verizon.net

Miller Family said...

I loved it on sunday. Very summery (is that a word?)

rachael said...

Your hair looks so great on you. I have to agree with everyone else, you look like a hot mama!!! With the heat you guys are having, it's probably nice to have it so short. Our heat hasn't started here yet, but the humidity has. It's always wet!!