Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Winter Wonderland!!

I had to put this above picture of Landon in at the last minute. I remembered how the had kept going down over his eyes and I would hear "I can't see. I can't see."
We were so excited to see so much snow. We were actually driving home in it late Friday night around 9:00 but woke up to much more than we thought and watched it fall, fall, fall all day. It was quite a beautiful sight. The children of course wanted to get outside immediately when they woke, but we managed to put them off until about 9:00 or so. We were pleasantly surprised to find that Spencer and Landon really loved it. Last year they didn't last very long, but this year they really loved it. Lanny went in first, but the other two played much longer. Jordan probably would have stayed out even longer if Darin and I weren't ready to come in. Reminded me of when I was a kid in Wisconsin where gearing up to play in the snow was a much more frequent happening. We were used to winter where there was snow on the ground from December until April. I was glad the kids lasted as long as they did because it took half and hour to get everyone ready!!

A view of our neighborhood.

Having fun with the snow. Spencer and Jordan would dive and roll in the snow and just giggle. Landon was very into the shoveling.

Jordan had snowflakes on her eyelashes. She loves to eat the snow...probably not the best thing, but I did it all the time as a kid.
I love this picture of Darin! He spent a lot of time shoveling while I was holding and umbrella taking pictures of everyone:)Spencer's face when we came in.
The view from our living room window


more shots from the day
I went out around 6:30pm or so to do some more shoveling. It was still coming down-crazy! It snowed ALL day. I wanted to be able to free up the cars so we could at least get in the cars before it froze over during the night. It was a kind of work that I didn't really mind.

I do really enjoy being out in the snow myself-it is so peaceful and quiet. The snow blankets the earth and all is quiet. It reminded me of growing up in Wisconsin and then living in Utah-I've shoveled a lot of snow in my day:) I probably would have stayed out longer, but it was time to put the kids to bed.

Do you see our cars? My van is on the left and Darin's car on the right. Will we ever get them out of the two feet of snow?
Such a fun day!

1 comment:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

I just LOVE the snow! It's so awesome and fun to play in :) I remember playing out in the snow for hours when I was young!

The lights look so amazing. We haven't made it, because we've all had bad colds. But we did go see the lights at Thanksgiving Point by my house, because you actually drive through them in your car. You never have to leave your warm car. It's nice!!

Hope you have a great Christmas!!