Saturday, September 11, 2010

Crazy Busy day!

What a Saturday we had! Busy but fun. We started bright and early when "little boy" as we like to call Landon crawled into our bed at around seven. We played with him for a while, then went down for breakfast, to plan the day, etc. We were awake before he came in because Darin just can't sleep in-seven is sleeping in for him. He usually wakes up around 5:30-6:00 during the week. Wish I could do that. I would have gone back to bed this morning if he had gone downstairs to read the paper like he usually does-see we get all the Sunday ads in the Saturday paper.

Anyhow we went down-by this time Spencer was awake and he and Landon played nicely after a couple breakfast "snacks." Yeah, my kids prefer "snacks" to "meals." We're working on that. When Jordan woke up they all played soooo nicely in the bedrooms. It was wonderful because I made Darin and I a nice breakfast we enjoyed together.

We discussed the plans for the day and decided to #1 look at some houses on our list of ones we want to see-we are thinking of getting a bigger house-#2 take the kids to Build a Bear to spend some birthday money they got and celebrate a great first week back to school. #3 look at the house Rachael asked me to look at #4 got to a birthday party at 4:00, then #5 go to the ward party at 6:00.

We actually got out of the house by 10:00!! On a Saturday, no less:) We drove around and looked at the houses and it was FUN!! Well, at least for Darin and I but not for the 3 kids who were expecting to show up at Build a Bear. Jordan kept telling us when knew it was in the mall by the place where we used to go to get our pictures taken. Poor kids had to sit through us driving around, looking at the houses and snooping around the empty ones. Like I said, I loved it. I am just excited that it is becoming a possibility for us.

We finally made it to Build a Bear, and the kids had a blast. I have pics to do a post on that later.

We rested in the afternoon-kids watched a video and Darin and I rested. We went to the birthday party and the kids loved it. My friend has a nice big yard that is fenced in so they could play, ride bikes and, oh,my kiddso LOVED the little small trampoline they had. I told Darin if we have a decent yard in a new house, I wanted on. He is not in agreement stating that Landon would severely injure himself. I argue that if we had the guard around he wouldn't....but Darin still isn't convinced. I had fun talking to lots of moms from the Rose Hill Preschool. A funny side note is that when we were talking to one of the moms about looking at houses, one of the ones we looked at that morning was across the street from where she lives. Small world.

Now, I am going to have to watch myself now, because after the birthday party we went to the ward party. It was called Music, Much and Mingle, but I dare say it was the most boring ward party I have been to in the almost 8 years Darin and I have been married!! There were appetizers and people performing. Problem was, I don't think many people were really listening. The kids just wanted to run around like wild banshees, but the Ward Activities person didn't take too kindly to that as I witnessed her telling a couple kids-including my child-to stop running. But in the kids defense, it was not exciting music-piano, violins, singing-just not much to keep kids interest. Good music and very talented people, don't get me wrong, just not much to keep kids entertained. It was nice to catch up with people who had been out of town before school started and hear how all the other kindergarteners in the ward did this week. And then Landon was having one melt down after another, so we cut it short and went home to go to bed.

Before we actually came home, we drove the kids nuts again and looked at a couple more houses. There's one we are slightly interested in but it is kind of funky looking so Darin wanted to see what it looked like at night. I may go look at the open house tomorrow-it really has our interest peaked. We found a couple others we like....too bed they are wayyyy out of our price range..900,000:)

We finally got the kids in bed-after prying candy out of their mouths from their goody bags and tucking the boys in with their new bears. So cute! Jordan had a litttle party with her stuffed animals as we heard her talking for a while, then it was calm so we could have some peace and quiet.

Whew...what a day. Time for bed.

No comments: