Sunday, October 2, 2011

tires and fairies

Arggg.....I love this new way to get pictures on my blog-it's so fast, but I hate the way you do the text. So forgive the big spaces and annoying layout.

Today's family outing was a total and complete rip off from a friend's blog. Well, I asked if we could copy, and she didn't mind. So thanks Sarah, for the awesome idea!

The pics are in opposite order of the day, but I'm not in the mood to fix them. So here we are at the second stop for the day. Ann Marie Sculpture Garden. (and I'm too lazy to put in the link as well-just google it and you'll find it:) I had wanted to go a couple weeks earlier, but things got in the way, so we finally made it. Problem was, there was a HUGE art festival going on, so it was packed. Plus it was rainy. Darin wasn't too thrilled, and even after I said we could leave, he said no. We hadn't driven over an hour to go home.

So it had a display of fairy houses I wanted Jordan to see. The kids all really loved it. I wanted to take longer and really look, but we had scheduled a time with Steve to go look at houses and had to go back by a certain time, which I thought was an hour later than it really was. So we had to hurry.

Anyhow, the kids really had fun seeing the houses. Some of them were pretty cool-extremely ornate.

Kids looking at some houses
 One of Jordan's favorites
 This was my favorite. The Safari fairy house
 more house and a funky sculpture I liked
Here we are at the actual first stop of the day. Calvert Cliffs State Park, in Maryland. It was about an hour and 20 minutes from our house. I thought it was a bit closer, but it wasn't too bad. I was worried it was going to rain the whole time, but it only sprinkled, then was fine. When the kids saw the park, they got out and went running.















The all the play stuff was made from recycled tires. It was great. There was lots of climbing, running, and swinging. Even Darin and I got in on the action.
We really loved this place. I was thinking that I wished I had packed a lunch. We for sure want to go back on a day that we can spend more time. There's also a really nice hike to the beach and there's a place where you can do some fossil hunting as well.


The tire swing was pretty fun, although Darin got a bit excited pushing us and I got a bit dizzy. So fun, though.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Glad you had a good time! That tire park is pretty cool, huh? Too bad it's not closer.