Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Good Day

Today was a great day starting at 5:55 am!! Spencer woke up having a dream that someone was stealing his granola bar....he was mumbling so I put him in our bed and he went back to sleep. I got up and got ready to go on a walk outside. I am happy that it is getting nice outside, so I can do my morning walks outside. It was crisp and cool and the birds were chirping away. I really enjoy walking at that time-I can just think and no one is demanding anything of me-well, except my thighs....

We met a really good friend at the park a little later and played for a while. It is so nice to be able to be outside...the kids really love it. After we took Jordan to school, Spencer and I spent some time outside. I did some digging in the dirt-which I really love, and Spencer was enthralled with all the worms I was coming across. I got rid of some old plants and am excited to get some new flowers when my tulips are gone. I planted some cute little violas I left in the pots all winter. The roots are probably so much happier now.

Darin got home early and picked Jordan up from school. She loved it-it's so much more fun to have daddy pick her up. He had a mystery shop to do for dinner, so I suggested going to a park near the restaurant. At first he fave me a look of "do we have to," but then agreed to go. We got to the park and much to my chagrin they had taken out the big playstructure. We haden't been there since last year. Anyway we made the best of it and had so much fun.

At one point I was holding Landon, and Darin was pushing Jordan and Spencer at the same time on the swings. I just sat and watched. They were both laughing and loving it. They were playing a counting game with Darin...anyway I just looked at the 3 of them and thought to myself "they are mine...they really are mine....I am so lucky. " They also had this big long bouncy balance beam type thing and our whole family played on it together. At that time I felt like that was what life was about-being with your family and feeling joy. What a blessing my family is!!

Thank you Darin for taking us to the park even thought it wasn't your first choice to spend the evening.

So, now Darin just came in the door from checking the church, so what better way to close a good day than a small dish of blackberries-n-cream ice cream!!!

No comments: