Friday, September 18, 2009

A New Perspective

Landon was really funny this week. You see, he has been sitting behind the driver's seat since birth. Just easy to put him in and hop into my seat. I made and executive decision and decided to switch him to the passenger side seat since he runs and gets into the car by himself anyway, and also so that Jordan can get in the car easier when I pick her up from school. Her school's kiss and ride loads the kids on the driver's side.

So I did the switch. The first time Lanny was in his new spot was so funny. He hadn't really seen us drive before. This is what we heard over and over nearly every day this week"

"Daddy...what you doing? " Daddy, what dat wheel?" "Mommy driving the wheel." "Mommy, you driving the car?" "Mommy has steering wheel." and on and one.

He was utterly fascinated!!!

Us: "Mommy is driving the car, Landon." "this is the steering wheel, Lanny. It is how the car turns."

I never would have realized it was such a big deal. I guess he thought we all got inside the the car just drove itself. Makes you realize that it is the simple things in life that make is so great!!

3 comments:

Ferndale said...

That's really funny!

rachael said...

That is too funny!!

Jill said...

I love that everything is so new to kids.