Friday, September 25, 2009

she was supposed to be in bed


Jordan was put to bed a couple nights ago like normal. I was on the couch happily watching TV and marking my things for the consignment sale. Darin had gone to pick up a light for his fish tank. All of a sudden Jordan comes down with this nice note for me. How lovely, only you are supposed to be going to bed.

So I read the note and had a laugh. Here is the translation:

"Mom and Dad, can we get a dog? I would name it .....(keep reading for explanation.)

I was actually happy to see her trying to write words by herself-usually she insists on us spelling everything for her. I told her it was nice and sent her back up to bed. She came down a few minutes later with more cute notes and Darin happened to come home at the same time. He read the note and asked Jordan what the last word meant. She proceeded to say Perrito (little dog) in beautiful Spanish!!! It was really cute....good thing for her she is so cute-especially with that front tooth missing. I couldn't get too mad, dang it, but it was bed time. She got lots of hugs and kisses and finally went on her way to bed for the night.

I love this little girl!

3 comments:

Ryann said...

Emi did that all of the time! She no longer brings us notes now. Instead, we find them on the stairs when we go up, or on our pillows, or on her. So cute these girls of ours!

Daniel Stone said...

That is so adorable! I remember begging my parents for a dog, too. I guess some things never change!

Rebecca said...

So funny! Max came home with a picture of our 'family.' It had me, Max, and dog and a fish. I asked him about the dog and the fish, and he said, "Mom, remember when we had a dog and a fish?" Um, no. And I really think I would remember that!