Monday, June 7, 2010

Maymont Park in Richmond

I am so bugged by blogger these days. It takes me so long just to put on one picture. Then it won't let me type on top of the picture so I have to put an extra so I can type below it so I can start with explanations. So annoying. So this post starts with pictures because I ran out of patience waiting for one picture to load.

On Memorial Day we went to a place in Richmond called Maymont Park. Sounds like is started as the ground of a mansion, now there's lots to see and do. We started with the Nature Center that had a waterfall and a small representation of the life in the James river. The kiddos loved seeing all the fish and turtles. They also had a discovery room with lots of hands on educational things. We could have played in there all day. We especially loved the puppet theatre. There were tons of puppets so we had a blast with them.

After the Nature Center, we walked to the Farm area. We didn't realized, or rather remember, that we had been told the whole place was pretty hilly. Combine the heat with the hills, with 2 little boys who both want to ride in the stroller, well, you can imagine, not so happy kids. We stopped for lunch under a great tree by the farm where the kids could see the horses and watch the birds eat the crumbs we would throw. Was entertaining for a while. We walked around the farm a bit, then found a fun bridge to play on and take pictures.


I wish I could show the expanse of the land. It was really a huge place!! We were getting pretty hot by this point and wearing jean shorts and 90 degree weather don't really work well together. Big mistake on my part.

We made it back to the parking lot and decided to quickly drive over to the other part to see the Italian Garden and Koi pond.
Upon arrival, we soon realized the Koi pond was down a huge hill. By this point we were battling all 3 kids to even move, so we made the choice to head to the Children's Museum. Here are a couple shots I managed to take before some melt downs occured.


This is really a beautiful place and I hope to go back some day-preferably in the spring or fall!!

1 comment:

The Zwahlens said...

Have you tried Blogger in internet explorer? It's picky for me on google chrome, but not as crazy when I use explorer. Your kids are getting way too big!