Wednesday, June 30, 2010

oops....

A few days before we were leaving for St. Louis, I was doing laundry and smelled something burnt in our laundry room. I thought it was the dryer. The next day I was doing more laundry to get ready for our trip and the dryer wouldn't start. So I figured that the smell I experienced the day before was the dryer dying. I called Darin and we decided it was time for both new washer and dryer. The washer has been acting up for a while now-doesn't completely spin clothes and the cold water setting just barely trickles cold water so it takes years to do a load. Oh, it would also get stuck and not advance in the wash cycle.

So Darin researched and found a washer and dryer that ranked the best in our price range and ordered them for me. They were delivered today, and like a flame doused with water my excitement was quickly squashed. Turns out the prior problem was not the dryer, but the outlet it is plugged into!!

What? The dryer is brand spanking new...that can't be the problem....

When the guy turned it on, it wouldn't work. He tried the breaker and that didn't do anything. He found a plug tester in his truck and plugged it in with the indicator showing the outlet is dead.

Just my luck. Seriously.

I Was all set to do laundry tonight and tomorrow. I can always wash a couple loads and go to my friend's house tomorrow but I don't want wet clothes to sit around all night and I'm doing a photoshoot while the kids are in Vacation Bible School tomorrow. Ugh.

So Hugo to the rescue. He is the great handyman we stole from our neighbor. Ok, we didn't steal him since he gave us his number. He is really great and Jordan is enamored with him. She follows him around the whole time he's here. He's coming tomorrow to fix it as well as put in a new thermostat since the person who fixed our air conditioner told us we have mercury thermostat and if anything happened to it we would all get sick. Nice.

My laundry fun gets put off until Friday. Ah well. Hope I have enough clean undies to last that long:)

The good news is that I got tickets to go see Mary Poppins at the Kennedy Center for Mother's day so my good friend Carla and I are going tomorrow night. I love the theatre:)

1 comment:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Laundry is Seriously one of my favorite duties! I just LOVE the smell of clean clothes. I love the smell of detergent. Happy Laundry doing!! Lucky you got new machines :)