Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Boston trip Friday and Saturday

Picture me getting up at 4:30 am on Friday May 17th....why, you ask? I'm leaving on a jet plane...well, not really a jet plane, but I don't care what kind of plane-just one that will get me to Boston.

I was able to get away for a few days by myself thanks to Darin suggesting that I could go alone instead of taking the boys. It all started when my friend Maggie told me her sister was getting married and that she and her husband and baby were going to fly out there so Nate could take bridal pictures. I was going to drive up with the boys, but since Darin had spent some alone time in Germany, I was able to go up. I stayed with Karin and Marion and spent a lot of time with Mags and her family. It was a great get away.

On Friday I landed by 8:00, I wanted to get there as early as possible, so I went into downtown Boston. I got off the T (train) as it is called at Hyde Park. When I walked out of the T, it was like going home. I just love Boston sooo much. I walked around for a while and actually went and got some shoes since it was so freakin' cold and I only wore flip flops. I hung out waiting for Mags and her family to show up. We planned to meet at the Boston Public Library, which is amazing!!!

I had to wait a while and had time to kill before I actually met them so I walked around the Trinity Church for a bit. It really is a beautiful church. I couldn't go in, but it was still fun to see.
Finally the group made it to the library, so the photo shoot commenced!

There were tons of places that Christina wanted her picture taken in her wedding dress. We walked all over the place-I was sooo tired and only lasted until 4:30 or so. Well, what do I mean "only lasted" It was alll friggin day!!! I was totally worn out so I took the T home to meet Karin and Marion. We went to dinner and had a fun night talking and catching up.

Here are some fun pics from the day in Boston:

Christina wanted her pictures taken at Trinity Church. I got there first, so took a few shots.
Here's the bride-the whole reason for my trip up-if she hadn't been getting married, Mags and Nate would have gone out to do pictures so I probably wouldn't have had the idea to go up on my own. So thanks for getting married Christina. This is the spot where her guy proposed-under a really awesome tree by the light of the moon.
When we were on the way to the Old North Church, we passed this display. It is for the fallen soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.

This seems like a true labor of love. I wouldn't want to be the one adding the dog tags-would be a sad job.
One of my favorite place in the whole wide world is a place called Hull Point. Hull is a town out on a peninsula on the south shore of Boston. When you drive all the way out, you can see Boston across the bay. The beach has cool rocks-not a sandy beach. And there is a high school right there. I would not have been able to go to school so close to the ocean!Here's one of my "bestest" friends ever-Maggie Pie Pie...aka. Margaret. We were roomies back in Ogden and she is one of my closest friends. This is her little sweetie Maya. She like Snow White...see explanation below.

Before Darin left for Germany about a month ago, Jordan came in the room when he was packing and insisted he take "something to remember me by" He had to choose a Barbie doll to take. So when I was packing my backpack-I packed very light-she made me choose one as well. So here is my choice having a break on the rocks.
We were standing on the beach and Nate looked up and here was a huge ship!! You don't see that everyday!!
Some of my favorite shots.
I had a great time taking pictures. I am trying to see things with a different "eye" like my teacher said in my class, so here are a couple shots I really liked.
anyone want to take a walk on this dock? The water seems so serene. Ahhh, to live so close to the ocean again.....someday!

It was such an amazing couple of days. I just love the Boston area so much. I do really love DC as well, but if there were any military intelligence jobs in Boston, I would be pushing to relocate. But, alas, our yearly trips up must suffice.

1 comment:

Karin Olson said...

I love all your pictures and post on your blog. Love ya kid!