Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My birthday present

I had an AWESOME date on my birthday!! Darin told me we were going out, but I didn't know where we were going until we were about to leave the house!! So were did we go?

A cruise on the Potomac River!! It was really amazing! The boat was an old fashioned Yacht-really cool old woodworking and cool decor. We sat at a table in the "salon" and had yummy fondue. The ride was about an hour and a half. Part way through we went out on the dock to see the view.

It was just so nice to spend time with Darin and relax for a while. He is so good at finding things that make me feel so special and loved. I LOVED our date!!

Here is our Yacht-"Finished Business"
I tried to do a night shot of the boat. I just took the little point and shoot, and when we got there, I was so bummed that I didn't take my nice camera. But I did get some pics for us to remember!

A close up of the yacht.
Darin and I were the first ones to board the boat, so we found our seats then we explored the Yacht-there was seating actually right up by the control room. Darin had a seat in the captain's chair. We thought the old fashioned wheel was really cool.
Inside the cabin. There was a main room, then a "salon" through the doors. We sat in the back-near the big window in the corner.
Darin and I on the yacht. I was so excited that this picture actually worked. Every time I try holding the camera out to take one, it never works. This time it worked-Yay!!!
After we enjoyed our fondue, we took a stroll out on the deck. It was crisp, but was totally beautiful night.
This picture is funny because Darin said when he focused in on me, he couldn't see me until the pic was taken. Explains why I'm a bit cut off.

But it was such a pretty view!
There were two friends who kept trying to take a pic of the 2 of us. This was the best one they got-so we'll take it:)
Such a wonderful evening!! Thank you for making me feel so special, Darin. Love, love, love you!!

2 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

I love dates with the hubby! It's nice to just have some time to be together :) Looks like an awesome Birthday date!!

Chanda said...

Darin is good with the surprise dates. Happy Birthday!