Sunday, February 27, 2011

sore feet

It is beginning!!

We are really on our way to getting our house on the market.

The POD was delivered on Friday and did the bulk of the loading yesterday. Whew. Sore feet.

But there is a story to the POD-which stands for Portable On Demand Storage. Darin did the reservation online. In the directions, he stated that we wanted it to be placed with the door facing the house. Apparently there was some box he had to check for how the POD was placed on the delivery truck. Well, he marked the wrong thing, which was apparently not so clear, so instead of the door facing the house-I drove up and it was facing the STREET!!!

WHAT? How IDIOTIC can you be? It was very explicit in our directions and I would think that any experienced driver would understand that we would be taking things our of our house to load in and that we would want to walk straight into the POD. Not rocket science, people.

Needless to say I was LIVID!! I got on the phone right away. Well, you only get the corporate call center and they can't really do much. The lady did call the local office and they said that since a certain thing was marked, it was partly our fault. It would be a $104 charge to change it around and they wouldn't be able to do it until Saturday. Oh, but they were being so nice and said that they would take half the price off.

again, WHAT? Why on earth didn't the driver-whom you would assume has delivered may PODS to houses just assume that since the directions say "put door of POD to door of townhouse" to disregard the other mistakenly marked box. I was just so ticked because I had called the day before to get the time and I wondered why it said "facing C" in our directions box. I guess that means the door is facing the cab of the truck so that is how they place it in the spot. I'm just kicking myself that I didn't ask about that.

So we spent the day yesterday loading it by walking all the way around it to put the stuff in. I actually spent the morning getting things packed and off the big furniture pieces so they could be loaded. Jonathon and Darin did most of the heavy lifting, which was great for me, but I kept working the whole time.

So now we are left with piles and chaos in every room in the house. I have lots to still box up and load in, but all that is left is little stuff.

Now you know what I'll be doing all week!!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

where are you going to move to? how about gainesville? good luck with putting your house on the market!

Ryann said...

Does that mean that you found a house and are moving soon?

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

You gotta love that great customer service! If they can take half off the price, why can't they just come and turn the thing around? Good luck!