Friday, March 28, 2008

White House Easter Egg Roll

Thanks to our great friend Jill, we were able to go to the White House Easter Egg Roll!!! We also need to thank Linda who watched Landon for us! The even was much bigger than I expected. I thought you just got in line and rolled a little egg...boy was I wrong. There were so many events, we could have stayed another couple hours. We rolled eggs, hunted eggs, ate peanut butter eggs, painted, colored, saw characters, and had fun. We even saw the Jonas Brother walk by as they went to the stage. What a day!!



Jordan actually saw 3 of the Strawberry Shortcake gals and was totally thrilled. Can you belive how long this toy has lasted...I had the blueberry one when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade!!
It was amazing to be so close to the White House. I felt so patriotic and very proud to live in such a wonderful country.
I even saw Daddy George while he was mingling. I wasn't close enough to shake hands, but managed this shot.
The grounds of the White House are beautiful. The Cherry Blossoms are coming into bloom.


And here is the main event!!! Spencer wasn't sure what to do at first. Jordan just loved having a pink egg. She flung the thing half way down with her first push. She had to help Spencer figure it out.


We love the Easter Bunny!!



They had tons of PBS Characters so Jordan and Spencer were thrilled.That is the only TV they watch, besides videos. I was actually surprised at how easily Jordan ran up for her picture. At Disney a couple years ago she wanted nothing to do with the characters. I guess you wise up with couple years.
Curious George
Running around playing with friends while mommies wait in line.

Spencer's way of killing time.
Thanks again Jill!!We had a blast and can't wait to go back next year-only I will be camping out with Jill. Can't wait...



1 comment:

Karalee said...

That looks so fun! You got great pictures with your kids. I want to go there! That looks like an event to totally make a trip for. Glad you all have a great time!