Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Good Friends, Good Food, Good Fun!!

WOW!! I went away overnight! I actually went away for 2 whole days and what a great time it was. I had heard so much about this place called Mountain Quest from my friend Lea, so we all decided to go. Since Ryann is going to England in 2 months, (sad, very sad) we all wanted to get away together. So in the spirit of Senior Year in High School, Jill, Ryann, Lea and I set off to the Mountains. The drive in Western Virginia was beautiful The mountains were beautiful. Mountain Quest is in Frost, WV and is really beautiful. It is an old farm made into an Inn and Retreat Center.
They have 16 horses and some Llamas on the property, as well as deer. We had a lot of fun petting the horses. Took me back to childhood!!

We had a great time just hanging out and talking, talking, talking, and them we decided to talk some more. We had a nice walk around the property. There is an awesome creek that runs around the property and I reverted to my childhood and threw rocks in. My sisters and I always played in creeks as a kid. It was very calming and relaxing.
We had an awesome dinner Saturday night by the resident Chef. I don't know that I had ever had a chef cook to my order, but it was great food and company.
We spent 3 hours on Saturday making bows for all our little girls. It was nice to be creative and it is nice to know how to make them so I don't feel the need to buy them anymore...sorry to the people I have paid previously...I have spread my wings to the bowmaking world now!!

My creations? Impressive, huh? What is really impressive is that Jordan has worn one every day since I have been home and I think my job matching to her clothes is amazing!!
I was really impressed with Mountain Quest. The owners have a 2 floor library with their personal collection, and in the game room and entire wall of videos and DVD's. When I showed Darin the pics, he really liked that part....maybe we can go back to the room with a king bed and big screen TV someday!!

Here are a few pics from our nice walk. I had a wonderful time! Thanks Ryann, Lea and Jill. Ryann. I will miss you tons when you go. Thanks for playing on rocks with me!!

THANK YOU Darin for being willing to brave the kids for 2 days without me. You did an excellent job! Thanks so much!! Although it was nice to hear that the house is better when I am at home...it's nice to be needed!!


6 comments:

Ryann said...

That was so much fun! I am so glad that we all made it! And I will of course miss you too-but we can't get too sappy yet-we still have two months to play!

Lea said...

It was a blast! I am so glad that all of our husbands were troopers and took on the task of tending to our children. I look forward to the next time around. Hopefully it will work out for you and Darin to go. When Brent and I went in January we stayed in the room with the big screen and the king-sized bed, it was fabulous!

Lynette said...

That looks like sooo much fun! What a great get-away!!! I love all the bows you made...I love making bows!

Janna said...

I am so glad you got to do that! Every mom deserves some girls' time away. Fun!

rachael said...

Not fair! I know that I'm suppose to happy for you guys, and
I am, but I'm also very jealous. I wish I could've been there. You all look so wonderful and beautiful and relaxed!!! I am so glad that you ladies are taking advantage of being together. I miss you all so much!!! I love hearing about the daily activities of your lives. Blogging is awesome!

Aly said...

Wendi- A getaway sounds GREAT!! Looks like you all had a blast! I am glad you were able to go and enjoy yourself without the "Mom guilt" of thinking you should always be home with the family.