Friday, May 16, 2008

Wounded Pride....

I have prided myself on the fact that I have been the healthiest on in the family for a while now. Darin had mono last fall, and I was safe. The kids had all kinds of sicknesses all winter and I was germ free.....Well it has come to a sad, sad END!! The germs got me!! Whatever this horrible stomach bug is decided the Maney house would be a fun place to reside. Here is a lovely timeline of our experience:

Wednesday night it all started
7:30 ish Spencer throws up in the tub with all 3 kids in there. Get them out, put in clean water, go on our merry bathing way.

9:30: after finally getting Jordan to sleep, she wanders down the steps in a daze, covered in throw up. Her bed was horrible...had to do laundry again.

around Midnight: Spencer wakes up crying and covered in throw up. He has a bath and bed changed. Woke Lanny up and he cried himself back to sleep.

3:30 is Jordan crawls into our bed. After tossing and turning, she returns to her bed. She is then crying, so I check on her and he starts to throw up. We make it to the bathroom and she throws up in the tub.

Morning arrives and mommy has the problem at the other end!!! Landon has the same thing, poor boy.

So on Thursday we all laid around all day. Hardly at anything and poor Landon just crawled around and found new things to get into because I could hardly lift him. Darin came home from a class he is in for work and told me he has the same issue as well. I laid down on the couch around 6:00 and stayed there until I could drag myself up to the bed around 9:00.

Darin put all the kids to bed to bed and I found a movie I had never seen on some random channel-A Civil Action with ....now I can't even remember his name....the grease guy.....welcome back Kotter....it will come to me...the pilot guy....anyway good movie about water contamination in MA. At first I didn't think it would end well, but then the two companies at fault had to pay69 million dollars to clean up the water and land....John Travolta. Knew I would get it. Anyhow I had an ok sleep, and the kids slept well.

So her we are again just sitting around watching tv, eating bananas and crackers and drinking ginger ale and gatorade. My sweet neighbor came over so I could take a shower-which I usually do with the kids here, but since they are sick they are more needy, then about and hour later she brought over jello and chicken soup!! So sweet.

So, this is how my pride has been wounded....never think you are too immune to avoid the nasty bugs!! If they want to come, they sure will. Now I just have to lysol the whole house so we don't have another outbreak!!!

4 comments:

Karalee said...

Im so sorry you are all so sick!!! Sorry its the vomit sick too! Id take runny noses and coughs over the throw up anyday!! I hope you all get better and are able to get some rest and relaxation!! Hopefully this will be the end of the cold and flu season for you!!

rachael said...

YUCK!!! I don't know how you got through such a night of vomiting!!! That's the worst!!
I hope you all are starting to feel better now. It's really scary when the mommy gets sick because how do you take care of yourself and take care of your children...

Chanda said...

I am so sorry Wendi! Sounds miserable. It's the worst when you are sick too. Hope you are all better soon, summer is just around the corner, and hopefully a lot fewer viruses. You're an awesome mom, hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Un mensaje de Maria Zuniga de Arica Chile para Darin. Estoy en los Estados Unidos con Rosario por favor escribeme a misnietossonlosmaslindos@yahoo.com y te contaremos los detalles de nuestra vida. You havea beautiful family! Congratulations

Maria