Saturday, May 10, 2008

Landon is a year old!!

Ok, don't get confused!!! Here I am one year ago right before I left for the hospital to have Landon!! Boy was I happy to be getting him out! Can you say large? I felt so big....I guess we all do when we are at this point!! I can't believe one year has passed for little Lanny, as we call him. His first week of life was a little traumatic...good thing he won't remember. He was c-section, and during delivery, he was a little thirsty and swallowed a ton of fluid..."juicy" the nurse called him. It was a pretty scarry time. He couldn't breathe too well on his own, so just shortly after I arrived in recovery, he was taken to the NICU. I held him for a moment, then had to wait another 7 days before I could hold him again.

He had lots of things attached and each day we went he had something different. We called him "the moose" because he was soooo much bigger than the other babies. He had tons of x-rays, got a sun tan to get rid of jaundice, and had a nice IV in his belly button. It was a hard week, but we finally were able to bring him home-actually on his due date.

Jordan and Spencer were so happy to get to meet him. It was really cute. They were confused when I came home without him, and every day I would go to the hospital the would ask if I was bringing him home. We were so happy that day!!
Landon has been such a fun baby!! I know I do soooo many pictures, and am a little out of control with the collages, but I have a bit of an obsessive personality. I have also been obsessed with pictures since I was like 12 years old. There are never too many pictures!!!Especially if they are of my children.

I love you Lanny and are so grateful you came to our family!! Happy First Birthday!!!


Landon's actual birthday-May 4th!


Opening presents is always so much fun for the big brother and sister!!
Who can resist a one year old eating cake and ice cream? Landon surely loved his so much! Great fun!! Thanks to our friends who came and shared and brough Lanny some fun presents!!
We love you Landon!!!!

2 comments:

Chanda said...

Your family is so flippin' cute. Can't wait to see you all--next month!

Karalee said...

Happy Birthday Landon!! I can't believe he is a year old. All the kids are growing up so fast! I love looking at your pictures!! Your family is so cute! How do you make your collages? They are a great idea. Also, it looks like you have fun on your girls weekend!!