Monday, March 15, 2010

a few little tidbits:)

Just a few tidbits from our family this week:

I went to Spencer's preschool and took all the ingredients to make choc. chip cookies. I had all the kids at the table and they took turn dumping and stirring. The electric mixer scarred a couple of them, but they all finally took a turn. The teacher also had bakers hats and aprons, so they looked pretty cute. I loved it-so fun teaching the kids and seeing them get so excited about it.

Then this week, one of the parents, after seeing the pics of me with the kids, wanted to come and do cooking as well. They are from Columbia and brought hot dogs, Columbia style. They put cheese, pineapple and crushed potatoe chips on top of the hots dogs. Weird, but good!!

We went to dinner tonight at Red Hot and Blue and I had a pulled pork sandwich. When it arrived, seeing how large it was, Spencer said to me "mommy how are you going to eat that?" Pretty funny. In case you were wondering, I did cut it in half to be able to take a bite:)

I took Landon with me to tour a preschool today. He was soo active-looking around EVERYWHERE!! I was so nervous that the director would think he was too hyper, but she never batted an eyelash, and even got ice for him when he closed his fingers in a very heavy door and was crying like crazy.

I took the kids to the dentist today. Jordan has a starting of a filling...oops. Funny part about the visit, though was how chatty Jordan was. She told the hygenist about changing into her "church" shoes before her visit. And in chatting with the hygenist, we learned that her daughter is in Jordan's class. When she made the connection she said "Oh yes, Jordan...I hear Jordan, Jordan, Jordan like 1000 times a day." Life is so funny-we are all connected!!

I went to a consignment sale on Friday and got lots of good stuff. There weren't as many clothes, but I got 5 nice pairs of shoes for Jordan for about $12.00 total!!! It got some great books, a couple good games. Was bummed the bike I wanted for Jordan was gone, ah well.

Girl scout cookies coming to a close!! Woo Hoo!!!

Hmm....went to the air and space museum on Saturday, but have lots of pics of that so a post will come about that soon.

Having a great time in my photography class-need to do a post on that too. I've take some fun pics lately, so I'll have to post them, too. Man, I have lots of posts to do!!!

that's it for now!

1 comment:

Bianca said...

I get amused whenever I read blog posts about kids going to the dentist. My son is just as chatty when he visits our family dentist (Las Vegas-based). He talks of how our trip went, what he did in the car to pass time, etc. I guess he does that to keep himself from getting nervous. Our Las Vegas family dentist is really friendly to him, so that helps too.