Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Breakfast at our house today

So that I can say I did homework from last week's weight watchers lesson on portion control, I decided to measure out my cereal this morning. Darin brought home a kind I really like-should have taken a pic. Special K with fruit and yogurt. I know in advance that it wouldn't be a ton, but wanted to see anyway.

It is 3/4 cup a serving. I figure tha tthis is why people who do the "Special K diet" lose weight-if that is all you eat, you will for sure lose weight! I measured out 1/2 cup of milk to get part of a serving.
Here is the dish all measured out. I'm sorry but this doesn't fill up my toddler. Crazy how the servings are so small and most people get out a cereal bowl and fill it up, ending up with probably 4-6 servings. I decided I would see how long it would keep me satisfied. I ate at about 8:00. It is 10:35 and I'm hungry-I mean getting rumblings in my tummy and feeling weak. It actually started a while ago. So, one serving of cereal doesn't do it for me. Have to add some fruit, yogurt or english muffin. Excuse me while I get a snack.

not a heck of a lot!!

Landon loves cereal. Here is what his place at the table looks like when he is finished. But...there is a story to follow.....
I was downstairs getting waffles out of the freezer for Spencer and I heard him and Jordan yelling. "mommy....Landon poured his cereal in the milk" Nice.

Yup, he had taken his leftover milk and poured it into the milk jug. I guess he figured he didn't want to waste the milk....lovely. And it was about 2/3 full of milk. Wonderful. Thanks Landon.

"What did I do?"
Here's the milk jug. I know, why get my camera instead of cleaning it up? I figure I'll have proof of his antics so I can show future grandchildren what their father did That way they can torture him as well. Apologies in advance to my future daughter in law:)

So how bad is this milk going to be tomorrow with cereal in it? I hate to throw it all out when we mostly use it for cereal....what will Darin think in the morning? I did try to see if I could get any out by pouring, but cereal stays inside the jug.....Guess I may be going to Costco sooner than I planned:)

Uh oh, I hear water running in the upstairs bathroom and Landon is missing......

3 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Girl, you definitely have your hands full!! I think I would have to stop at 3! he..he.. Too much craziness for me :)

Dan and Sharon said...

yes, I tried it and i cooked Lunch today at 10:30 am.

Anonymous said...

haha. you are amazing. we miss you guys. I can't believe how big your kiddos are getting.