Tuesday, April 6, 2010

baptism by fire....

or should I say poop?

When we went to the Bon Jovi Concert last week, we decided to try the neighbor girl as a babysitter to avoid having to pick the kids up from someone's house really later or take a sitter home late. She is I think 16, and is really nice girl and said she likes to babysit. So she came over. The nice thing about it is that we don't have to pick her up or drop her off. Well, I did walk her two doors down to her house when we got home. And as you will find out later, another bonus was that her mom was home so that was reassuring.

But the poor girl had a major mess to deal with while we were gone. Landon's poop. She heard him awake moving around in the room around 9:00 or so and went to check on him. Yup, he was covered in poop-waist down-he had tried to change his own diaper and there was a mess. Casey, the babysitter called her mom to ask how to clean the carpet. Fran, the mom, came over and helped her clean it up. Casey gave Landon a little bath and found clean pajama bottoms for him. Holy Cow...poor girl. And for some reason, I'm not sure....she put a diaper and a pull up on him. I think he may have insisted on that. She did say that he kept telling her "I'm sorry " and wanted to help her clean it up.

I talked to Fran afterwards she told me that Casey called her and was very calm about it. Goodness-I felt horrible and like I needed to pay her lots extra. I still want to make cookies or something for her and Fran.

But, I think we found a great babysitter!!

3 comments:

Janie said...

Cora projectile vomited on our babysitter, the bishop's daughter.
I was sooo apologetic - she also scrubbed our carpet on her hands and knees. I promised her that she had every right to leave the mess there and I wouldn't have thought twice about it.

cringe-worthy.

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

It's nice to have a good babysitter, and so close! Especially if you know she has help it she needs it. Hope you had fun at the Concert! We went to Michael Buble' and loved it.

Lynette said...

The poor girl! She's all ready to be a mom...well, in like 10 years!