Monday, April 26, 2010

Ramblings....for my sake mostly. Read if you are bored.

I have been very slow to do my blog lately. Last week mostly because last week I was entirely too stressed out about getting Landon potty trained. We have all come to the conclusion that we need to take a temporary hiatus....I need to be a little better prepared mentally.

Anyhow we have been busy. Jordan is doing well in school. Her reading is getting much better-she doesn't fight it as much as the beginning half of the year. Last Sunday her primary teacher told me she did a really good job reading in class. I was so happy to hear that. She still is a bit resistant to doing homework, but we manage to get it done every week, which I feel is great! She continues to love going to Brownies, playing with her friends and wants to go to my exercise class with me. It's funny when she is awake when I get home from the gym, she has to have a run down of what I did. She is unfortunately picking up some not so nice behaviors from school, namely teasing her brothers. I am looking forward to the summer away from naughty kids at school!!

Spencer has now asked to read the Bob books, and is so excited to learn to read. He reminds me every night at bedtime to read them. He really loves it and is so proud of himself. It is funny because at the same age, Jordan was really excited to write, not so much for reading. Spencer on the other hand isn't so much into writing, but is so excited about learning to read. She is such my little sweetie, and is usually the first one to help me and to follow directions-he loves to please Darin and I and is so proud when I point out that he was the first one to listen. Today Spencer told his preschool teacher he wants to marry her:) He really is my tender heart. He loves babies-whenever I babysit or he is around little ones, he is so cute with them.

Landon is my challenge. He is currently in the mood to push limits and boundaries. He's curious-see previous post-and gets into everything. We are doing a Mother Goose Time preschool coop at a friends house and he seems to enjoy it. He turns 3 next week...cannot believe that 3 years have passed since we spent that week going back and forth to the NICU. He keeps me on my toes and if I were smarter I would be learning patience from him....maybe someday.

I continue to absolutely love teaching my primary class. I can't express how fun the kids are. Every Sunday I laugh at something one of them says. This week we talked about the Savior fasting for 40 days and one of the girls who is very dramatic says "NO WAY...that is impossible....you would DIE" but I can't type how expressive she was. So funny. I have now spoken at 2 of their baptisms and have loved it. Such a memorable time for me and it get me so excited for Jordan's baptism in a little over a year.

I still struggle with figuring out how to keep the house organized...any ideas would be great. I joined the gym about a month ago and really love it. It is nice because it is a recreation center, and since I go between 5:30 and 6:00 am, I see more retired and older people and not young skinny "gym rat" types. It is more "normal" people and I love that about it. I take a drop in class on Tuesdays and Thursdays and everyone is so nice. There are also a bunch of people from the ward that go early in the morning as well, so that is nice. One of them I visit teach, so I saw her at the gym at 6:00 this am, then went and visit taught her at 9:30, plus I also have her little girl in my primary class.

I just feel so blessed to be in our ward and to have all the friends there and the friends I am making being involved at the kids school. I am besides myself with sadness that Landon can't go to the preschool that the other kids have gone to for the last 4 years! I have just gotten so close to all the teacher and kids and love them all sooooo much. I so wish Lanny could go there next year. Ah well....

The little guy Patrick that I babysit plays Tball so we went to his game last Saturday. There are also 3 other little boys we know on his team-one in our ward, one in the other ward, and one a gal in our ward used to babysit. The kids loved the game and Spencer wants to play this fall. It was a bummer he couldn't be on the team now but the cutoff for turning 5 was April. We'll for sure sign him up this fall. We were going to go to the game tonight until it rained out, and Spencer was asking if he could practice hitting the ball. I have to say that I would much rather be a "baseball mom" vs. a "soccer mom." I played softball, so I feel like I could contribute a lot to the team; but I know absolutely nothing about soccer except for the using feet only rule.

Lots of rambling here, but these are my thoughts I just wanted to make sure I got down before I completely forgot.

No comments: