Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Last Friday Darin offered to go into work late if I wanted to go down early to the blossoms. Of course I want to go shoot the blossoms with no kids!! So off I went at the crack of dawn. I tried to use all the things I learned in my classes, but man is it complicated. My head just gets jumbled when I try to remember all the elements to make a good exposure.

So when I first looked at my pictures, I wasn't so happy. There were only a few that I really loved and I was a bit down. I decided to work with them a bit in Picnik. I LOVE that program and had fun working on them. I know there is a school of thought that you should be able to take pics good enough to not have to edit them, but I'm simply not that good yet. I loved doing all the different effects and making the shots look cool. And besides, what good is digital photography if you can't mess with the pictures?

So here are some of my favorites.


Vintage looklots of blossoms

I love how the branches hang down over the water
so beautifu

thought this was a cool effect
man, I was just having too much fun with Piknik! Plus if you make mistakes in your exposure, you can do some fun things with the pics!!
liked this effect as well.
it was fun watching the planes fly over
one of my favs-this one is out of camera.
lots of "popcorn popping"
more "popcorn popping'
the "giant pencil" as my kids call it. I loved the reflection
a view of the tidal basin
I love the upside down blossoms.
I had such a fun time. I learned a lot about what works and doesn't I need to learn to not focus on one spot too much. I wish I had walked around more, but nonetheless, I loved it and can't wait to go back next year!

6 comments:

Chanda said...

Beautiful. I hope you frame some of those.

Jill said...

Georgous!

Jessica said...

Cool effects! I am trying to patiently wait for your White House photos! LUCKY for seeing GLEE! I've learned my lesson: request the earliest time possible!

Ryan & Emily Gillan said...

They all turned out great!! love them!

BanFam said...

The pictures are really beautiful.any more from easter egg roll?

Lonni said...

Love the pics and Love the egg roll... seriously I want to move out there NOW! You guys are always doing the coolest things.
You're doing really great with your photography and that was so awesome of Darin to suggest he watch the kids while you go take photos. So happy for you... even if #4 doesn't come along! You're still so blessed. Love you!!