Sunday, April 25, 2010

A mix of Curious George and Dennis the Menace

Landon........This child is something else. I have lots of stories that I could tell about him. He is truly something else. Such a crazy little kid. The title of the post is really the truth!! He is sooo curious!!! He wants to see and touch everything and once he sees you doing something he will remember it and try to do it himself. Such a smart little fella!! Some of it I laugh at, some of it I get so frustrated and just want to cry, so I just get my camera out take pictures so I don't lose all sanity!!

Here we are during the time we tried to learn the potty. This is his idea of what to do with underwear. We were reading books waiting for him to use the potty. I think we'll wait a bit longer.....

One day I was mopping the floor. I used some paper towels to dry it so there wouldn't be streaks. Well, I didn't put them away quickly enough and when I was working in the kitchen, my little "helper' found them.


This is the best game ever!!
I cannot leave the same floor Landon is on for even a minute. Not to do laundry, put clothes away, go get something. This is what happens:

Caught ya buddy!!!
Oops, dropped some. Can't let any go to waste!!!
He does get his love of ice cream honestly-his mommy and daddy are pretty big ice cream eaters!! Too bad he learned how to open the freezer.
One night a while back I made some chili. Landon, as usual, was on his little "perch" I call it-a stool he always has right next to me the whole time I make dinner. He was my little helper and saw me put spices into the chili pot. He has also seen me put rubs on meat, etc, so he is acquainted with my spice cupboard. When he is on his perch he can reach the bottom level of the spices. So anyhow, I made the chili and after dinner Darin put water in the pot and put it on the stove to soak.

I had not washed the pot yet, and the next day Landon found it. I went into the kitchen to witness him "making soup" I had recently had a pampered chef party and bought a bunch of their rubs for meat. A couple were open and a couple were still sealed. There were about 5 of them in great flavors. Unfortunately for me there are no seals on the pampered chef rubs so they were quite easy for my little chef in the making to get to! He dumped about 3 whole things in and parts of a couple more before I realized what he was doing.

Yummy!!!
Here is one of the containers that used to be completely FULL of spices.

Oh man, what do I do? It's a pretty good thing this kid is sooo cute!! His little smile saves him quite frequently:)

1 comment:

Ryann said...

I thought you had locks on the refrigerator/freezer??