Friday, September 9, 2011

At the moment......

......the kiddos are in the basement trying to have a sleep over, but Landon is driving everyone crazy. We have a friend over whose parents went out of town.
 
At the moment, my ears are still plugged. I finished my antibiotic for my ear infection, but my head is still muffled. Very annoying to hear everything inside your head; with the worst being brushing your teeth and washing your hair!

At the moment, our house is still on the market. We are having an open house on Sunday, so hopefully that will generate some interest. Darin says we give it a few more weeks, as long as the houses we like are still on the market, we will keep trying. (more on this below.)
 
At the moment, Landon is asking me to read to him. (which I do and finally have the4 kiddos in the basement calmed down. The boys are sleeping, and Jordan and her friend are quietly talking. )

At the moment, I'm feeling blessed and grateful that our basement did not get flooded; while at the same time my heart is breaking for those in our ward who were completely flooded and had to evacuate. I just feel so very sad for them and others who had any amount of water in their homes. We've been there-it's horrible!

At the moment the mouse on my laptop is driving me crazy-the key you click on sticks so it won't do what I want unless I click at precisely the right spot.... very frustrating while editing pictures. 

At the moment I'm getting excited about my night out with friends tomorrow night. We are going to Wolf Trap to see the Sound of Music Sing along. Yay!!

At the moment, I'm thinking of my sisters and wondering how a certain family issue is working out. I miss them a lot and many times feel so bad that I'm not there to help them and take the burden off. Missing my mom, too.

At the moment Darin is upstairs, the kids downstairs and  I am sitting in the dark in the living room alone. It is quiet. What do I do? Go to bed....sit her a bit longer....keep typing.......

Keep typing wins out. I just heard giggling, so I'll wait a little longer to make sure the girls go to sleep. I just wanted to get a few things down to remember this time in my life. It has really been a rough couple of months. Summer flew by-and I mean flew by. It seems like it was just the last day of school, and here we are starting again. Seems like our summer vacation is so much shorter than other places.

Darin and I were able to go to the temple last weekend, thanks to a great friend taking our kiddos at the last minute.  We did a session and Darin happened to have one card for each of us in his bag-we were going to do sealings, but got half way there and realized we hadn't grabbed the cards. Good thing he had the ones in his bag. Anyhow, the name were from Darin's family and I had the name Lanora. I really fell in love with it-it would be so cute if we ever had a baby girl. We could call her Nora. I love it. Darin had the first name Presley. He was not as excited to use that one:)

But I digress...I wanted to write about leaving all my cares and concerns at the temple. I really tried to focus and feel the spirit and know what we should do about the house, kids, etc. Then Sunday was fast Sunday. I realized that I am forgetting the important things in life.

I am letting go. I have to. I am now putting the selling of the house completely in the Lord's hands. I have done my best to get it ready, keep it clean and ready to be shown. Emotionally, I must stop torturing myself. Each time we have a showing, I wait and wait to see if our realtor calls. I can't do it anymore. I now feel that if it is meant to happen for us...at this time...the Lord will make it possible. If not, we aren't meant to move right now. We will try again in the spring.

It's really trying to strike a fine balance-I'm not saying I'm giving up hope-just changing it from us making it happen, to more divine intervention.. I want desperately to have a larger home for our family-that has not changed. Believe me. But I now know that comparing our situation to others (so and so got a new house, so and so's house sold so fast), taking the rejection of potential buyers personal, and stressing out  and yelling at the kids about keeping it perfectly clean are getting me nowhere. We are where we were 5 months ago, so obviously it is less effective.

So, here we are-facing Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines and potentially Easter with no decorations, photos, momentos,  etc. I have thought a lot about this-almost ending in tears-well, ok, I have cried about it.  It makes me so sad to not have our things for these special family times, but then when I look on the bright side-it will be fun to make new traditions. Maybe we can have Christmas tree with all homemade decorations! Things shouldn't make our home, anyhow. We do. I have my family with me, and that is what is important. 

Well, I think that's enough deep thoughts from Wendi  for now. The kids are pretty quiet and I'm tired, so goodnight!














 
Wow, as I type this, it feels more real to me. It's true-there's a plan for our family, and if we aren't meant to sell our house right now, I accept it. I'm moving on.

No comments: