Sunday, September 18, 2011

Playdate with my buddy.

I decided that Landon and I needed something fun to do today! Especially since we 
had a realtor coming in the morning. So, since we have never been there, we head out to 
Oxen Hill Farm. Turned out to be an excellent choice!!


 Here's Landon climbing on a fence at the entrance of the farm. He loved seeing the cows. 

 More fun with the calves.



 Now we move on to the horses. 

These were some seriously huge horses!! The must have been the kind to work in the fields. I forget the names. Anyhow, their heads were huge. Landon and I both had fun petting them. the just stayed still and let us pet them .

Landon gradually got there attention by putting holding his hand through. Here is when he first walked over. 


Look at the size of that head


Then one got jealous! He was a bit further back and wasn't getting any attention. Landon was standing on the fence, then this horse walked over, pushed the other one away, and was nuzzling Lanny with his head. I was taking pics, then I had to grab Lan because the horse was pushing him up against the fence with his head. It was really amazing to watch-the horse then just stood there as if saying "my turn." He let us pet him for another 10 minutes or so, until we needed to go. I just couldn't believe it. That horse knew what he wanted!!

This is the pic I took right before I had to grab Landon off the fence:)


more petting pictures.



After we left the farm, we went to National Harbor. I wanted to try Elevation Burger, and we had lots of time to kill before we had to pick the kids up from school. I also wanted to go to the Peeps store and let Landon play on the "awakening" sculpture. Another great choice! We had lots of fun. Oh, and it was fun because we ran into a friend who used to be in our ward at both places so it was fun to catch up and let the boys play together a bit.

Lunch time. Our first stop was Elevation Burger. I had heard so much about it, that I wanted to try it. Landon was happy to have a shake, that's for sure. I ordered a burger for me, and a grilled cheese for him. He wasn't too thrilled with his, so unfortunately he had a shake some fries for his lunch.....My burger was good, but not anything to rave about. I wasn't too keen on the fries. They are fried in olive oil, and are really soggy. Although we did manage to eat most of them....



 And then a quick trip  to the peeps store. Yum. I had my eyes on chocolate covered ones! I got the kids some Halloween themed ones. (a little side story here is that when I picked the kids from school, I was out of the car asking where Jordan was and Spencer got into the bag and started eating mine!! Stinker. I managed to get a bit of one and salvaged the second one I got.



Landon first finding the statue.


Nore fun playing on the "giant", as we like to call him. We used to go to play on this when it was at Hains Point in DC. It was a much better location than here. There were dead fish that had washed on shore, and I couldn't keep Landon off the rocks and was certain he was going to fall into the Potomac River!! The other location had a playground, and was much more amenable to the needs of little kids. Ah well-it probably sees many more visitors than at the old place.


I have always loved this view of the hand. Very cool.

No comments: