Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A great day!

I just had to document a great day!!!  I had a list of things to do and have accomplished most of them. It helped that Landon didn't have school, so I didn't have to leave the house. While I was getting the kids motivated to get up, I was folding clothes and put some of them away.

Landon and I took our time to get ready, eat, and get out the door. We went to the bank first. I've had a check from Ms. Laura for like a month, so figured I better get it deposited. Landon is always thrilled to go since he gets a lollipop. Next we went  to Michaels. I wanted to find something for the project I'm doing with the kids tomorrow. I am going to read the book The Rainbow fish, then we are making fishies out of paper plates. I got glitter foam sheets and cut out fish fins.

Next we went to the school to have lunch with Jordan and Spencer. We stopped to get him a slushie, so he was thrilled. Everyone kept telling me that Landon looks just like Spencer. He resembles him for sure, but I can see differences. Spence was thrilled to have us there, but Landon was antsy. He kept putting his hands over his ears. I don't htink he likes a lot of noise and stimuli. He kept saying "I want to go home." HOpefully that isn't a problem for when he is in kindergarten

We then had lunch with Jordan. She is always happy to see us. I got her a chocolate milk, so she was happy. We left before her lunch was over since Landon had enough.

When we got home, I sat down to do my project for tomorrow. Landon was right at the table with me and made a few of his own fishies. I need to do stuff like that more often. I used to do way more with Jordan and Spence hwen they were littler.

Next up was to put a roast in the oven. I'm trying to go through all the food in the freezer and cook it all before our move. I don't want to have a ton of fridge and freezer stuff to move. I cooked a roast and it was pretty old, but I turned out excellent, if I do say so myself!!! I haven't made a meal that tasty in a long time, and Darin loved it. I always love it when he really loves the meals I make.

I got ahead of myself-before we actually had dinner, I took the kids to the library. The actually did really well. Landon is a bit too loud, but he didn't yell at the top of his lungs for me like he did last time-that's a whole other story. We got new books and tapes to listen to in the car. The  worst part about the library trip is when I am checking the books out. It takes a while and the boys get so antsy. They go outside and want to climb on the walls. I told them not to today, so they didn't.

When Darin got home, I had to sign a billion pieces of paper for the mortgage. My hand hurt by the end, and he said it was only half the packet!!! But I was pretty excited because we got an awesome interest rate-3.625% I think. We also went over the inspection report. There are mostly little piddly things that need to be done. We aren't going to ask for all of it, we don't want to make it seem like we are asking for too much and make them not want to fix anything, so we are asking for the most important things. We are having the appraisal of the house on Saturday, so I'm very curious to see how it comes out. Our buyers did their appraisal on the townhouse the other day, so I'm interested in that one as well.

I've been working on my blog book as well, but it is a horrible program. I'm doing it on blurb and I do not like it at all. I've been told of a couple other places that I am going to try next. I have to get it done and ordered by Oct. 5th so I don't lose out on my coupon! I'm over half done, so I want to get a bunch done tonight.

No comments: