Saturday, July 5, 2008

Not for another 10 years....

....do I hope to have to go mattress shopping. Wow, what an experience!! Darin and I decided we needed a new mattress, so off to the store we went. We were greeted by an impecably groomed salesman-which was funny because all his grooming things were on display in the bathroom. He was an interior designer and tried to talk us into upgrading to a king mattress.


Anyhow we got the schpeel-how on earth do you spell that-on the different mattress, differences, etc. He had a pattern of how he was going to take us around and told me to be careful and not get dizzy when I sat on the first one. I was thinking "that is a wierd thing to say."


Well after laying on mattress after mattress for around an hour, I knew why he said that. I was hungry-we hadn't eaten yet, and all of a sudden I was light headed and dizzy. The guy insisted on giving me cookies and kept asking if I wanted a soda as well. He was really nice. Note to self-take a lunch next time you go mattress shopping:)


What was interesting was his the way he took us around, kept taking us back and forth testing the ones we liked to narrow it down. It is weird that ones you first think you like, you don't like after you have layed on them all. We tried the tempurpetic ones-memory foam- and they had one that you could raise and lower with massaging features. I loved it but Darin didn't.


We ended up buying the first one we layed on when we went into the store-before the salesmane got his hands on us!! We could have saved a lot of time, but it was very interesting to see the process and narrow it down.


So after next Saturday hopefully I will be a better rested, less back pain, more cheerful in the morning kind of person!!

1 comment:

E said...

Rick and I did this several years ago and I have the same feeling---I never want to go matress shopping again!!! You can find my blog now Wendy!