Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"For the beauty of the earth...."

Today was a gorgeous day!! It was warm and sunny, and the colors are wonderful. I met up with my friend Jill, and we walked at Huntley Meadows. It is such a beautiful place-a refuge in the middle of the suburbs. I was so amazed when I moved here to find so many of these parks in the middle of the city, just hidden away. I am so thankful that they have been kept safe from developers!!

The last couple times I have been to Huntley Meadows, it was really dry, but not currently. It was nice to see the water with geese, ducks and an egret. (Should have put that picture up.) Anyhow, we had a really nice walk. The boys loved it-we even took our coats off. They really loved walking on the boardwalk, which was a little scarry because of all the water.

~Beautiful Colors~
I love taking nature pictures, but only wish my camera could convey the beauty of what we saw.
Little Alaina who was smiling in her sleep!! Sooo cute!



more vibrant colors...just love them. I had a hard time driving home because of all the wonderful colors. I just wanted to stop and take pictures everywhere.

I let the boys get out and play in the woods for a little while. It was scerene....peaceful... the kind of place you could sit for hours and read a book, take a nap, meditate, daydream. Then the breeze would blow and we would be showered with leaves, which was such a magical sight-stuff you see in movies.


At one point I stopped the stroller, and as I was about to move it again I saw this little guy.


Spencer had such a fun time. He really loves to play outside, well all my children do. I remember as a child I played in the woods near our house all the time. I love trees, grass, rocks, twigs, dirt, and am so excited to see my children gain a love of the outdoors. I think being outside is good for the soul. Miracles can happen in a grove of trees....











2 comments:

Ryann said...

So many people have recently been posting about Huntley Meadows. And you know the entire time I lived there, I never once went.

Glad to see you and Jill out and about together!

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Wow, I totally need some more of that! Looks fabulous!! Yesterday we woke up to 4 inches of snow, and it was a blizzard. Most of it melted away, but everything including the lawn is still white! I guess winter is here for us here in Utah :)