Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happiness

Here are a few things that have made me happy lately.

1. When I see my children enjoy one another's company.
~The other day Jordan went to Lizzie's after school. When I walked in the door with her, Landon was at the top of the steps with his arms our yelling "sissy, sissy." It was so cute!! He is always there to welcome whoever comes in the door.
~This morning as I layed in bed, I listened to the 3 of them play so nicely in Jordan's room.

2. Watching Jordan take her role as older sister very seriously.
~This morning I was really tired because Landon was up a lot. Jordan woke up first and got in bed with me. When Landon woke up, I don't know how she did it, but she got him out of her crib.
~ We were at a birthday party tonight and Jordan helped her brothers make crafts. At one point another mom attempted get Landon out of the beads and Jordan quickly said "that is my little brother." The mom said she was very protective. She really loves her little brothers.

3. Listening to my children say funny things and do sweet things..
~Last night Darin took Jordan and Spencer to see Madagascar 2. When we were getting ready for bed, we were really goofy and talked about moving to Africa and living with the animals. We went through all the family and who they would live with then Spencer blurts out "I will live with the monkeys." How fitting Spencer!!!
~Spencer is so loving-he is such a good friend. He really cares for the kids in his class and another mom told me she saw him hug her daughter and tell her he loves her. His best little friend came over to play the other day. He was soo excited he came to play and quickly told him "you are my best friend and I love you" and gave him a big hug. He is our little sweet heart.

4. Going on family outings.
~During the last month, we have been to the Natural History Museum, Clemijontri Park, Shenandoah, yummy restaurants, birthday parties together, and I took the kids to the Zoo. It is so fun to hang out with my great family.

5. Watching my children's creative juices flow.
~Jordan is constantly writing, coloring, cutting, gluing, and Spencer really loves play dough. Thanks to the idea from Jill, the other night I covered the table and let them go to town with paint, crayons, etc. They discovered how fun pipe cleaners and had a great time.

6. Lazy nights of doing nothing but sit by Darin on the couch and watch TV.
~When the kids go to bed, I am always thinking that I should do so many things, but honestly I love sitting there with Darin watching TV-so relaxing.

7. Prayers being answered.
~Too much to expand on!!

8. The fresh smell of the earth when it rains.
~I am watching my neighbors dogs and lately when I walk them, I have loved the fresh smell when I go outside. I used to play in the rain with my mom when I was a little girl...great memory.

9. Healthy children.
~When I help out at Spencer's preschool, I am always reminded how lucky Darin and I are to have healthy, well developed and functioning children. Despite a couple infections, they are healthy!!

10. Watching Daddy spend time with the children.
~Darin had Veterans Day off, and Jordan's school had their Thanksgiving lunch that parents were invited to. He went to eat with her and she absolutely loved it. He also took them to see Madagascar, which they loved as well.

Life is grand.....

2 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Wendi, I'm glad you found a great husband, and have such wonderful kids. But, did you have to move so far from Utah? :) I guess it was good for you though, being closer to your family! Family is Happiness!!

Chanda said...

I love the happy times in life--glad you're having one.