Monday, November 24, 2008

Who needs sleep, anyway?

That is my question. Do I really need to sleep? My children do not believe I do. Lately it has been every night I am up for something one of them need. It is really hard since I am the first to admit I am not really a morning person. I manage to do the things I need to do, but sometimes am grumpy about it.

Saturday night: Around 11:00 Darin's alarm goes off randomly-the kids always play with it. As he messes with it in the dark, he accidentally changes the time, but we don't find out until morning....Landon cries from tooth pain around midnight. I let him cry, he falls back asleep, but I have a hard time falling asleep.
Jordan wakes up really crying around 2:00 am. I think something is really wrong because she doesn't usually cry like that. I went to check and she was hungry. Her tummy hurt and was growly. All is well after she downs a slice of cheese, graham crackers, yogurt and water.
Spencer wakes up crying at 4:30. He comes into our room and Darin lifts him up. He is mumbling something, then I heard him, while crying, say something to the effect of "I wanted to say the prayer and sissy started first, it isn't not fair, I want to say the prayer." He is having dreams about praying? Then we don't sleep well becasue he won't go back to his bed.

So Darin wakes up at what he thougth was 7:30 and rushes to get ready for church thinking we would be late. He then puts his watch on and realizes the alarm clock was a hour off...poor guy.

Sunday night: Landon wakes mulitple times crying from teeth pain, and I think he has a virus since he had a tempurature all weekend.
Jordan comes into our room around 4:30 telling us that Landon is crying for mommy. Well, he was crying because she had an accident and went into the boys room to get dry pajamas. She also got a dry towel and put it over the wet spot. When I went to see what she was doing, she was playing with her magna doodle!! This is why she did not want to get out of her bed this morning. Ugh!!

So, side of me that is trying to be positive tells me to be grateful I have the children I do because there are women out there who long to be up in the night tending to the needs of their children. Unfortunately the side of me that needs sleep isn't to that point yet, so for now I may be a little grumpy. Oh, now Landon just walked over to me and my great sense of smell tells me that he is in need of a little bit of my amazing diapering abilities:)

1 comment:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

I am totally one of those people who needs my sleep. It's funny, because I can handle anything during the day, but if it wakes or keeps me up at night, yeah, I'm totally grumpy about it! I guess I just need to think about how wonderful it is to have two sweet little girls, and just count my blessings too :)