Wednesday, November 19, 2008

odds and ends

I decided I wanted to add this picture at the last minute. Right not Landon loves Sandra Boynton books. They are awesome if you aren't aware of them:)
I just have a few odds and ends that I want to record.


~Last Sunday morning, we were laying in bed just as the kids were waking up. Darin heard Landon and picked him up. Usually he wants to lay with me for a minute, but he was not having it and wanted down. The other two kiddos came in to goof around on the bed with us. Lanny disappeard, then had a surprise in his hand when he returned. He went into the kitchen and got what he wanted. When he walked to my side of the bed he shoved an applesauce cup and spoon in my face. It was so cute....but then I realized he can now open the silverware drawer. He likes to help me put them away when the dishwasher is clean, but usually I do it. I watched him do it yesterday-he got his applesauce, then went right to the drawer and got himself a spoon. Smart little thing.

~The other day Jordan noticed some one dollar bills on our dresser. She knows you can spend money, but hasn't really grasped the concept of actually using it herself. She looked at the money and told me that it was "girl dollars" because they guy had curly hair and girls have curly hair. She wanted to know where the "boy dollars " were because boys have straight hair. She's a little thinker, as well!!

Here are Landon's 18 month pictures we had taken last week.


~We are now a pul-up free house!!! It is weird how it happens, but both Spencer and Jordan are in underwear for bed. It has been a struggle for Jordan for quite some time. We have tried a few different times to get her to be dry at night. She would be working toward a prize, be dry for week, then go back to wetting every night. It was really funny because I got a new pack of pullups-a different brand than we had been getting. She only wore them 2 nights, and on her own, she decided to wear panties to bed. I didn't say anything pro or con, just let her do what she wanted, and now she has had one accident in almost 2 weeks. And the good thing about that accident was that at 2:30 in the morning she actually woke up when she wet the bed wanted dry clothes. Previous to that, she would stay sleeping until morning.
Now Spencer on the other hand does not like to be wet at all. He was fully potty trained in August. He only wore pullups to bed at night for a few weeks because he would wake up dry each morning. This was such a different thing for me, having dealt with Jordan and saturated pullups every morning!! I have been so excited about this.....It just has amazed me. So, Spencer has been in underwear at night longer than Jordan has....I don't think she will like to hear that when she is a teenager!!









1 comment:

Ryann said...

Yeah, Madi has been in panties for quite a while now at night. But Em is still not. I was really hoping that seeing Madi would help her to do it too but no such luck. *Sigh*

But kudos to you!