Monday, May 11, 2009

Lessons from Landon

I think I will write a book and call it Lessons From Landon. He taught me a great lesson this morning. Simply put: when you empty your spice cupboard to find the paprika to put on your deviled eggs, make sure you put all the spices away so they are not within your very curious 2 year old's reach. Oh, and don't let your starving 2 year old into the the kitchen in the morning before you do. At least the fridge was locked. Don't want to clean up eggs again, well, they don't stain anything.....

Did you know that tumeric, when used in large doses (the entire bottle) is a great way to dye anything a nice vivid, very pretty yellow? This includes the handle on your stove, the dustpan, the floor and the dishcloth used to wipe it up and your fingertips. The yellow dish cloth is pretty, but we'll see what it looks like after it has been washed.

Makes me wonder what other wonderful colors my spices could make:) Thanks Landon!

2 comments:

Ferndale said...

I saw that you posted and thought to myself, "this is going to be good." I was hoping for pictures of the tumeric debacle. We really should put our kids together one day and see what predicaments they can get themselves into.

Ryann said...

Two days, two days and then I get to see you! And this trouble maker of yours!