Friday, May 22, 2009

New Beds!!

Whew....it was a busy afternoon!! After lots of carrying, pulling, dragging, screwing, unscrewing, rescrewing, lifting, holding, turning, sweating, laughing, almost cursing...thanks to the help Elise Glad, THE NEW BEDS ARE UP!!!

And what an accomplishment it was. Elise and I felt like saying "I am WOMAN hear me roar!!" We worked so hard and felt like we were doing a man's job....woo hoo!!! I was actually very proud of Elise for her skill with a screwdriver:) When we did Jordan's bed, she did a lot of the work on putting the tent up because she is much smaller than me so I figured she could be on the mattress.

The Castle for the Princess!!
So here's Jordan's new princess bed. She was absolutely ecstatic when she got home and saw it all put together. The boys already had lots of trips down the slide by that time, but she didn't care. She was just happy to have it.

Getting into bed for bedtime. All the toys are going to go under thebed and the curtains will hide any mess:):)

The fun slide, which ends up going nearly into the closet because the room is so small:)

Jordan loves her bed!!
Big Boy Bunk Beds!!
I was able to find some nice heavy duty sturdy beds for the boys!! And boy were they heavy. I was able to almost put the bottom up myself-I did that the day before we put them up, but couldn't hold up the pieces to do the top. Definetly a 2 person job, as stubborn as I am. Belive me I did try!!!
Anyhow we got the beds up and the boys were so excited. Jordan loved getting on them as well.

Landon laying in his "big boy " bed at bedtime. He loves his Thomas sheets.




A little light reading before bed.

After just a few tries, Landon can get to the top bunk. One problem-he can't get down.




Spencer LOVES his top bunk. At first he was a little scarred of climbing up the end. He wanted a different ladder, but after showing him, he has it down!! Good thing he knows how to climb down.



Bedtime Spencer:) I tried to aim my camera and get some shots of him lying down, but they didn't come out.



I only had one bit of sadness during the whole thing-when we took the crib down. It has been up and used nonstop for nearly 6 years!!! It was just so weird to have it down after being such a pary of my daily life for so long. Thank you beautiful crib-you served us well:) Now we just have to find somewhere to put you...maybe someday we can use you again....

So, we put them to bed, and then after 2 hours, Landon was finally asleep. It was AWFUL!!! He does not stay in the bed at all. I tried holding the door shut to get him to stay in, but then he would just get on the top bunk and scream because he couldn't get down. Luckily Spencer went to bed easy, and so did Jordan......well, she needed lots of prodding, but Landon was horrible....makes me wonder what the heck I was thinking.....





1 comment:

Amber said...

That princess bed is awesome! Does she still like it as much as when you first got it?