Friday, May 29, 2009

Dutch Wonderland

We went to our first Amusement Park as a family on Memorial Day. It was AWESOME!!! We have had reservations about amusement parks because Jordan isn't too daring, but turns out we had so much fun!! It was so fun to be together as a family and see our children having fun. The place is Dutch Wonderland and it is in Lancaster County Pennsylvania. It was pretty funny because the park backed right up to farm land and cows were just feet away from a couple rides:)

The park had only one big roller coaster and the rest of the rides were geared to little kids. We were happy about that . Spencer loved every ride he went on, while Jordan on the other hand wasn't happy with a couple. Lanny did pretty well, but didn't like a couple rides as well. We were also happy because it wasn't too full, so the lines were very short and some didn't even have lines and the kids stayed on for another go round on a couple:)

Jordan did not like the kiddie roller coaster. We sort of made her go on. Spencer did it twice, but Jordan cried the first time and was very excited to get off. Spencer is our brave one!I don't know if you can see her face her, but if you zoom in, she's not happy!!
Having lots of fun at Dutch Wonderland! There was only one ride that made Darin and I nervous. It was the ski lift one that went way above the park. I didn't realize it would scare me so much to be so high with the kids. I was holding on to Lanny and Jordan for dear life.

We took both kids on the bumper cars and they LOVED it!! Jordan giggled the whole time and would tell me "hit them mommy!!" It was so fun!!
This was the one ride Landon did not like, and I felt really bad half way through. Watching him cry was't too fun, but he has survived the yucky panda ride:) Jordan loved this one. She doesn't like to go high, but likes to spin. Go figure!
He was bracing himself for dear life.
Fun on the bumper cars.
Spencer on an airplane ride.
Darin and I took turns going on the big roller coaster, and a couple other rides. I went on one where you sit inside this little house on a bench. You stay still while the house spins around you. It made me sick... I felt dizzy and wanted off. Meanwhile there were 2 little girls with their dads who loved it and stayed on to go again...as I get older I can't tolerate as much motion, I guess. We went on a the tilt a whirl and Jordan hated it. She was screaming for her daddy half way through and made a b-line to him when it was over. Spencer laughed during the ride and said "I like it." So funny...maybe a little mean to do to your child....but she asked to go on the "turtles" so I couldn't have said no!

Here's Landon about 2:00. He just couldn't stay awake any longer. He had about an hour and a half nap and woke up happy.
Landon woke up and had fun in the water area.
Jordan had a blast in the water area. She made friends with this little boy and played with him for about an hour. Spencer played with mommy and daddy. He was brave and went down the big very fun water slide with daddy. The big tube ones. It was so fun. I went down the one that is in pitch black...very freaky but soo fun.

Ok, Blogger is really ticking me off right now. I backspace and it gets rid of my pictures....I backspace to begin with because somehow it keeps doing my writing in blue and underlines it. I don't know how this is happened, but I have to save, then start again every time I want to write a new paragraph. Any help would be appreciated!!

Anyhow, there was a cute pic of Jordan in the water area, but I'm not going back now. The park also had a little water show with divers, etc. There were two stories-the frog prince and another princess one. The kids loved em. There was a Thomas stage show, but we kept missing it. Overall, we really had a blast, and I highly recommend this park for families with small children!! We already can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Looks like fun. We'll have to try it in the next few years.