Thursday, June 4, 2009

A short lived Celebration

I was laying in bed at about 6:30 celebrating the fact that Landon did not make his nightly trek into our room in the middle of the night. It was great. I slept soundly didn't even wake up after I fell asleep around 1o:30. Now I know some parents have it worse-with newborns, etc, but Lanny had been coming into our room every night since we put him in the twin bed-after weeks of not waking up at all. I was also happy about the fact when we had put him to bed the night before he actually went to sleep in his bed instead of climbing up to the top bunk and falling asleep. Have you ever tried to get a sleeping 2 year old off the top of a bunk bed...sorry-off on a tangent...

My celebration was very short lived. I heard Landon walk into the bathroom to see his daddy-he had been getting up around 6:30 every day since the bed switch. I didn't think it was a big deal until I heard Darin "Ahhh NO Landon..NO Landon...put it down" followed by"OH NO OH NO Lanny....mom....I need help." He proceeded to tell me that Landon had decided to wash his hair and had poured shampoo on his head and the floor and was lathering himself up. Darin looked at Landon, who by the way was smiling soooo dang cute and Landon proceeded to say: "I didn't do it." Couldn't help but chuckle. Guess who had a nice little bath, after again telling me "I didn't do it." Can you tell this is the 3rd child?

No comments: