Sunday, June 21, 2009

Prayers are answered

Darin has a bunch of badges he wears on a chain around his neck to work everyday. One is for the Pentagon, and to get on Ft. Belvoir and into the highly secure building there, his Metro Card, his civilian ID card, a special ID to get into off limits places, and one more I forget what it is for. Basically his whole job revolves around these various badges. He always has it around his neck when he gets home because he uses his smartcard to get out of the Metro. He puts it in a little desk caddy on top of our dresser everyday when he gets home, although sometimes in the meantime the boys like to wear it around. But usually it is always in the little caddy.

Tomorrow Darin is going on a business trip until Friday. He started to pack, then became a little frantic when I asked him what was wrong. He could not find his workbadges and was concerned that he wouldn't be able to get on the base where his conference is tomorrow. He was totally stressed out and so was I. I felt really bad because I had planned to keep the kids occupied for a couple hours so he could have some requested quiet rest time on Father's Day. So the search began. I didn't realized that he needed one of the badges to even log onto his computer at work. His whole entire work life revolves around those badges!!!Ugh, I felt sick to my stomach. I prayed and began tearing everything apart and couldn't find it. I prayed again and searched some more. He tried to rest but couldn't. I took a break from looking thinking I could clear my mind.

I told him I would wait for Landon to wake up and hope it was somewhere in the boys room. So when Landon woke up, I quickly went up and searched the boys room, to no avail. I decided to try my room again and looked in a few boxes I had previously looked in. I knelt down and prayed again, and within a minute, I found it in a box I had already looked it-buried under one of the bottom flaps. I gave it to Darin and he was quite relieved and said I had "saved his work life." I was so happy.

Bottom line: PRAYER WORKS

1 comment:

Lea said...

Thank goodness for the power of prayer!