Monday, June 22, 2009

A great job

Last Friday we were able to go to Darin's work picnic, and had such a blast. But before I write more about that, I must first say how very grateful I am that Darin has a good job. I am so thankful he worked so hard to get a good education and that he was able to do the Presidential Management Internship out of grad school and land a great job with the federal government. In this tough time our country is having, I am so glad he is working in the intelligence field...don't think his job is going anywhere....thank goodness.

So we had a great time at Burke Lake Park. We met some good friends before the picnic and rode the train and carousel. That will be another post in itself. Then we met Darin. They have his picnic in a really good spot-there is a playground and you can walk down to the water. The food was awesome-it was catered by Famous Dave's BBQ-so yummy!!

So the kiddies played and played.....
played some more.....
laughed....
went on a fire engine.....

and played by the lake.
Landon especially loved this part. He played a fun game where he would throw his hat in the water and inch closer and closer to going in.
How far can I throw it before I will be forced to go in?
I guess I have to go in now!!
Opps. these pics are reversed, but you get the picture!!
What a fun day!!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Look like fun. Nice pictures too.

Ryann said...

I was thinking about the job thing just the other day. How lucky to have your husband in government and mine in the military. Job security is never an issue. I sometiems feel guilty when I talk to my friends who are unemployed while here we are getting raises even. It is nice to count your blessings!