Sunday, June 14, 2009

Diapers....who needs 'em!!









Landon doesn't need one, I guess!!

This is an almost daily occurrence in our house. Before you know it, diaper is off and there is a huge smile on his face. The other night he said "I peed in sissy's room" Thanks, Landon!

He has also learned the age old bedtime excuse....all from his big brother. Ineveitably, a few minutes after bedtime each night, Spencer yells "I need to go potty." He usually does, so we have now started to ask him much earlier in the bedtime process. Well, Landon now joins in. Last night he got out of his room and said "I have to go potty." I found him in the bathroom on the toilet. He also promptly informs me every time he has a messy diaper. He says "I poopy." Last night he actually came into our room at 3:30am and said "I poopy" Sure enough, he really was. Amazing....

I keep thinking he may be ready to be potty trained here is my conversation with myself about that....do I want to do the work one more time....my absolute worse experience as a mother......ugh....ugh...yikes....maybe after we get back from our trip to Oregon in July.....It would be nice to have no more diapers....but I tried too early with Jordan and still have scars from that...Spencer was a tad easier....he has his older sister and brother to model so it may be easier....he already sits on the toilet and aims down....does he really know when he has to go....oh man....what could my reward...oh who's kidding who here...it's really a bribery item and what could it be with him.....

oh, what's a mother to do?

No comments: