Thursday, June 25, 2009

Globe trottin' friends.

So I have some of best friends ever, even if they are spread across the globe. We have this awesome playgroup that has been meeting for a few years, but some of the moms moved away-and I mean wayyyy away!! Well, the rest of us here have been lucky to have had a chance to see them in person, or feel their presence through a package in the last little while.

Back in May Ryann came in from England for her sister's graduation. It was so fun to see her and thanks to all our blogs, it was like we never skipped a beat. We had a fun night with her eating and talking. I was bummed because I woke up so sick the next day I wasn't able to see her again. but the one night was so fun!!

Last week Chanda was in town from South Africa. We had dinner then met to work on projects or make bows and had a blast. We also got to see her at Burke Lake Park, but I have so many pictures of that it is another post in itself:

Working away at Lea's. I was excited because it was the night I finished my quilt. It was so fun to see Chanda and catch up. Maeve and Ruby already are the cutest girls in South Africa, but they are surely going to be the talk of the town with all their new bows!

Chanda got to meet Lainey for the first time. Fast friends, of course:)

A few weeks ago Jill received a package from Rachael in Japan with the most pleasant surprise. She sent us some Japanese food for us to meet and try all together. We made a big salad to try the dressings-the roasted sesame seed was the winner. There were sweets, fruit drinks, crackers and gummy fruit candies. It was so fun. But we were truly bummed because unfortunately at the last minute Lea couldn't join us; we sure missed her and saved her some yummy stuff-it's coming Lea!!

These were really yummy little treats-little breadsticky things dipped in strawberry. So good. I have had the chocolate kind, but the strawberry were really good. We had another friend over who served her mission in Japan and she said they have tons of flavors of them and they are yummy!!
These were more little breadstick type things you dipped into chocolate then sprinkles-yummy!! This is the item my kids would have loved the most...anything with sprinkles. As a matter of fact, Landon loved it. I was so tired when the gals left, I didn't do a very good clean up job. Of course, he made it downstairs before I did this morning and found the cup. Needless to say he came up stairs with chocolate all over his face and hands....
Jill with the "tomatoe pretzels" as we called them. They were the winners for Jill and I-they were soo yummy. I would love to find them here-could eat the whole bag myself.
Our spread of yummy Japanese food from Rachael. We had so much fun looking at the boxes and trying to figure out what it was.

Thank you so much Rachael-we had lots of fun and sure miss you tons.

To Ryann, Chanda and Rachael-I speak for myself, Jill, Lea and Sharon-we think of you often and sure miss ya!!!

2 comments:

Ryann said...

You are the sweetest thing! How awesome to have seen Chanda and gotten yummy goodies from Rachael. It is going to be such a blast when we go on our cruise!

Chanda said...

Thanks Wendi. You're the best. It was awesome seeing you all.