Thursday, May 13, 2010

Going Alone

I figured I would put up something new-a little more on the happy side. I'm feeling a little stressed at the moment, but it's a happy stress. I leave in the morning for my little trip-4 days all by myself!! But of course, I worry about having everything just perfect for Darin before I leave. Don't know why I do that, but nonetheless I do.

So I am trying to do laundry, clean the house, get food ready, send off pics to some people I have done photos for lately, do a letter to the parents of the first graders for the end of the year picnic, clean the car out, pack, try to get a new pair of shoes and maybe a new shirt or two.....um, think that's it.

This week has flown by! Darin is still trying to get back on schedule. He is doing well, except falls asleep early in the evenings. I was folding clothes last night and Jordan was reading to him and the next thing we know he was snoring away. So funny. But I was pretty lucky he even got home from Germany. His flight was 3 hours delayed due to the ash, but then when he was in the air a couple hours the pilot came on and told them that they had closed the Munich airport. WHEW!!! That was a close call-so happy he was able to get on the plane.

So I am pretty excited to see my friend Mags, her hub, baby and cute sisters. I land early tomorrow and will go meet them right away. I will be able to observe Nate, Mag's husband take pictures. She said he really gets in the zone to make sure the pic is right, so I won't ask him questions during-just watch and ask questions after. She said he loves to talk about it, but now while he is shooting. Looking forward to asking him tons of questions!!

I've been trying to prep the kids for my trip-Spencer is not too happy about it from his reactions. He has the most trouble when I leave-cries for me. He told me I could only go for one day or I had to take him with me. Landon won't really figure it out for while. He still looked for Darin a couple days after he left. Last night Jordan asked me to wake her up before I left. She thought I left today. She'll be ok, too; unless Darin makes her mad, then she'll cry for me, too.

Oh, another thing is that Darin gets to take Landon to the Dr. on Friday-if you have a minute, say a prayer for him:) He'll have both boys. Spencer will be great-he is very into pleasing me lately and doing what we tell him. Landon likes to run all over at the Dr. office, so Darin will have fun with that.

Boston here I come:)

No comments: