Thursday, May 6, 2010

I hope tomorrow is better

So I have had a rough couple of days. The Gods are just not looking down favorably upon me at at the current moment. Yesterday the damage was done by noon, and today by 11:00, although today improved greatly as the day went on and ended really well.

Wednesday morning:
~went to 4 stores to find cupcake liners. I was asked to bring cupcakes to the school for teacher appreciation week. As per usual, I procrastinated and had an hour to make them and deliver them. Safeway didn't have them, went to Rite Aid-no, then the dollar store and they were out. So we went to Giant. Made them and finally got the to the school, only 20 min late-which turns out didn't really matter much.
~At Giant Landon was in the car cart and had his head hanging out of the cart and I didn't realize it and he banged his head ending up with a cut. There was a lady who saw it and made a huge deal-getting ice, getting the manager, asking me over and over if he is ok. I felt so dumb. I got wet paper towels because it was bleeding and she insisted on getting ice from Starbucks.

(Landon's head is fine. He has a tiny little cut and it didn't affect him at all for the rest of the day.)

~When I was checking out, the checker was chatting with me and could tell I was frazzled and said it was ok. I just burst into tears. I had had enough by that point. Left the store in tears.
~Dropped my gas cap under the the car while getting gas.

There were lots of other things that just went wrong. It was a rough day and I was so happy to go to bed.

Thursday:
The day started off so well. The kids were cooperative and we got out the door with minimal uproar. Jordan even had to finish her homework and didn't fuss about it. Maybe the fact that she was wearing a new outfit helped that out.

It was such an enjoyable morning for the next little while. Spencer and I went and picked out Flowers to plant and went to Home Depot and got all our mulch. We are ready to plant our flower garden!! We ran home to get Spencers lunch and go to the bathroom. I hung my keys up and did what I needed to do. I gathered all my stuff and then ran out the door.....and as I shut it, I realized I had not grabbed my keys!! Lovely. I was already in a hurry to go get Landon from his preschool for a dentist apt. We went all around the house checking windows. I tried to get in the back to no avail. I finally decided to try the living room window because I had just had it open and knew it was unlocked. I pried the screen off and was in the process of opening the window when the little wooden bench that I should not have been standing on gave way and fell apart. I went crashing to the ground and rolled onto the grass. Now I have nice scrapes on both knees from the wood and down other parts of my legs from the rocks I rolled over.

Story of my life.

I did manage to lift Spencer up through the window so he could go and unlock the door. Thank goodness I had him or I would never have been able to get in.

And to answer the question you all have, I did have a spare key hidden outside, but the kids had played with it and it was missing.

We made it to the dentist right on time, but he got in late due to me having to fill out the paper work, so Spencer was 1/2 hour late for school. Lanny did pretty well at the dentist, but he had a hard time keeping his mouth open. He has a couple tiny little cavities that they wan to fill. Ugh. I don't know what happened to the poor kid-the other two didn't have any at 3 yrs. They are actually still good. Ah well.

The rest of the day went pretty well, thank goodness. I talked to Darin in Germany, played at the park, dinner at the Noodle place, a fun time at bedtime with the kiddos. Now resting.

Tomorrow has to be better!!!!

3 comments:

Dan and Sharon said...

Just breathe.

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Girl, that sounds like a crazy couple of days! Hang in there, like you said, tomorrow has to be better :) And it will be.

flem-fam said...

Wendi, I didn't know Darin was out of town. We should have been hanging out - Scott has been gone for the past 2 weeks and my days sound a lot like yours!