Sunday, August 29, 2010

We've had some birthdays!

August is a busy birthday month at the Maney house! Jordan's birthday is Aug 15th and Spencer's is Aug. 24th. Last year we did separate parties, but this year because we were going on vacation to Boston, we decided to do a combined party. It turned out to be an awesome decision. A few weeks back, Darin took the kids to a movie on a Saturday morning but found out they couldn't see it because it was the time for birthday parties. So I called them and and got the info and immediately booked the party.

It was a great deal-you pay the rental fee and get the whole theater for your party. There is also a discount on drinks and popcorn. And the guy at the theater was so nice!! We had been keeping track of the movies since we got to choose from any of the ones they had been showing, and we were really hoping for How to Train Your Dragon. It had been there for weeks and was just finishing up before the party. I talked to the guy and he saved it for us even though he was supposed to send it back. It was awesome since we didn't really want to see Marmaduke or Shrek.

So we invited the whole families to come and everyone had a really fun time. We got there and after a few minutes we got to see a tour of the projection room. I actually didn't go up since I was waiting for latecomers, but Darin said it was really cool. The guy showed them how to thread the movie into the projector and told the group lots of facts about it. For instance the power needed to run it could power up 3 houses, and if you look into the bulb you would go blind immediately. He said it was very interesting and everyone seemed to really enjoy it.

After the tour, we got all the kids their own popcorn and drink. Some of their expressions were so cute. They couldn't believe they each had their own. So fun!! The kids all got to pick where they wanted to sit in the theater, so most of them sat away from their parents-in 2 major groups-the boys and the girls. I didn't really take many pics, but here are a few I did get.

The "boy" group.
Spencer and his buddy Patrick-he's the little guy I watched last year, and I'll watch him again after school this year, too.

Not a great shot, but here's the "girl" group.

After the movie we had cupcakes in the foyer.

Here are the birthday kiddos!! Yeah, I didn't notice the posters behind the kids-hello Mr. T. Nice.

Blowing out candles. This year I decided I just didn't feel like making any cupcakes, so I as lazy and got the store bought ones. I got the cupcake "pull aparts" and we really liked them. A word of warning, though, is that there is tons of excess frosting. I trimmed a lot off the ones I gave the kids. Sugar overload!!!


Jordan and her school buddies

We had a wonderful time!! It really turned out to be the best party. I highly recommend it to anyone in our area!!

1 comment:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Oh I just love a good Birthday Party! Wow, life is so much fun isn't it?! Our families are what make it so great :)