Tuesday, November 23, 2010

a post because I can't sleep

It's 3:30 am and I can't sleep. Maybe because there's a pile of phlegm in my throat and when I lay down, I can't breathe and keep having caughing attacks, or because my brain won't turn off.

Either way, here I am awake. Looked at FB, looked at other blogs, so might as well do a post now.

So what's on my mind? My children of course. It's the age old story. I worry about them constantly. I feel like I struggle so much and am I getting through to them. Lately we have had problems with obedience.

AHHHHHH....I am having majory problems with my computer. My curser just keeps skipping to where ever it wants to go in the middle of my typing...very annoying.

Landon has become quite proficient with the work "no" while the other 2 are a bit more subtle and just ignore. Well, maybe it isn't subtle, it is quite obvious they are ignoring me. So then I sound ridiculous when I yell "Am I talking to the walls?" like I said I would NEVER do because it was annoying when my mom did it.

So I try to be more calm and say "do you hear my voice?" Well, duh, yeah they do, but hearing and listening are 2 very different things!!!

I know we will figure this out, but in the mean time, I'm a bit stressed about it. For instance, I subbed in the soft play room for Zoom Around the Room classes today...well, Monday since it is almost Tuesday at this point. I had Landon with me, and it was....well....not fun. The first class went well-he was ok. A couple warnings for not nice stuff, but ok.

But the second class he let loose. At one point this very proper, immaculately dressed lady informed me that he was throwing balls at the kids in the ball pit. I apologized and thanked her for telling me, thus banning him from the ballpit. He continued to run around in a wreckless manner until I made a fort for him. The the other kids wanted to play too, and he got a bit crazy.

Then came circle time.

I was already down for the count since I didn't have shakers for the kids....

then Landon... He would not sit for me, but ran around the room. At one point he crawled in the blocks piled up and came close to pushing them over on a mom twice.....you should have see the looks I was getting from the previously mentioned mom at this pint...and she had a death grip on her child-as if to protect him from the beast roaming the room. This was during the time I was trying to read/sing to a book I had brought. I was so torn-do I take time out of the class they payed for to discipline him, or just ignore him. I opted to ignore him and hope for the best. The second time almost nailed a mom with a block, he ran he ball pit and stuck out his tongue and did a raspberry at me while all the parents looked on. How do you spell humiliation?

I have it memorized.

Most of the parents seemed fine and not bothered, but that one mother just had me so worked up inside. It was so very apparent that she disapproved of me by the looks on her face obvious lack of enthusiasm of my choice of songs/activities during singing time. Talk about embarassing!!! I was never so happy for a class to get over. Please get your kids sticker and go home. I thought I held it together pretty well, then I heard a mom say "they're used to little stickers." Ahhhhh-I wanted to say "then dont' take one" but in my stressed out state, I once again apologized for being the sub and not knowing how the other teacher did things and was nice as pie.

Come on, Moms, can't you cut a fellow mom some slack? Some things just don't matter so keep them to yourself.

But on a positive not, a few of the parents seem to really like how I had set the soft play room up and loved some of the songs I did that they had never heard before saying they would have to sing them at home. One of the classes had a mom of a little girl in Spencer's class that he sits by. So that was fun.

Oh, that reminds me of an experience I had last week. I had subbed for the same teacher on a Friday a couple weeks ago. When I was taking Landon to school the following Tuesday, one of the moms saw me in the parking lot and said "Hi Ms. Wendi. When will you be teaching the class next time. I want to put my daughter in your class."

That made me feel great. Guess I'll think of that mom instead of uptight "I don't like you" mom.

Ok, I really better try to go to bed now. I need to go to Costco to get a pumpkin pie tomorrow and I'll need lots of energy and strength for that!! Not to mention I'll be helping in Landon's preschool for a couple hours.

Ok sheep, help me out now...1...2...3...4...5..6...7...8....9....10...11..12....13.......

No comments: